Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:58 PM

Why did you have children?

When I was young I always said Id have no children just lots of dogs and cats. I didnt really expect to get married but after meeting and going out with hubby for 5 years I let him talk me into it, Thankfully he felt the same as me about children so we never did have any (no regets) but we have had lots of cats and dogs.
People always ask why didnt you have kids and I have no answer really, Except I never felt maternal and the noise and fuss they make drive me insane as I love my peace and quiet, I often get treated as if I have said some thing wrong. But when I ask people why they did have children it strikes me as if they have put less thought into it than we do when we get a new dog ... Most answer have been because im a woman and its expected of me ... thats just what you do isnt it? When you get married thats what you do.....
So how much thought did you put into having a child or did you just do it ?
Those of you who did now you know better would you do it again ?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:06 PM

Re: Why did you have children?

Well that's one of the reasons I never married - didn't want children! So never had any! Love other peoples' wee ones though and often babysat for friends' children.

Never felt the "maternal" instinct!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:07 PM

I decided not to have children because i wanted the whole package for my child - a loving environment which had to include grandparents it was a must. I could not offer that to a child and until I finally broke free at age 44 - up to then I was in no shape mentally to bring a child into the world, it was too late, my health took its toll from all the stress.
I do agree with you baggy - I have had scorn from other women, but they would never try my shoes - something I always try to do with others....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:17 PM

Hubby and I both wanted children. We married, bought our home and then had our children. Never regretted any of it.

''Those of you who did now you know better would you do it again ? ''
That phrase puzzled me....now you know better...??
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:21 PM

Ha slip of the tongue ... just meant now you have been there done that would you do it again !!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:48 PM

Never managed to have our own live children but we ended up taking in our niece and nephews from my sisters when they went off the radar and left them, when my youngest sister turned up on her first boys birthday (he was 4) we thought she just might want to take him back but she arrived with a 4 week old baby in her arms and simply said here's another one for you ! Seems I had the maternal feelings and my husband is a saint but my sisters completely missed that feeling but were unable to stop themselves having children.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:49 PM

I was hoping to replicate my lovely husband and I think I managed it
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:50 PM

Oh that's a good question Nobaggage - I'll examine my inner self and get back to you (when I've been down to my son's house and done what he wants.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I was hoping to replicate my lovely husband and I think I managed it
Lovely post...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-02-2013, 06:57 PM

Julie, you have my admiration gal...

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top