Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 02:45 PM

Rubik's Cube

Australian Feliks Zemdegs has been crowned 2013's Rubik's Cube World Champion during a tense three-day event that attracted 575 competitors from 37 countries. Zemdegs, 17, scored a fastest average time of 8.18 seconds for solving the classic 3x3 cube

Have you ever managed to complete a Rubik's Cube (without cheating )?

If you want see the show-offs, I mean, contestants in action:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/worlds-fast...l?vp=1#zfOGP6E
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 02:53 PM

Re: Rubik's Cube

Yes - I used to love my Rubiks cube and could sort it very quickly - though not anywhere near as quickly as the guys in your link! You have me wondering now - where did I put the thing?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 03:00 PM

I'm impressed Silver Tabby! I never even managed to get on side done never mind all of them

How do you do it? More importantly, can you put a video link of your hands doing the Rubik's Cube REALLY SLOWLY so we can learn
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 03:58 PM

I used to be able to do one, nowhere near as fast as they could though. I gave it away after watching a boyfriend. He would glance at the mixed up cube, then, chatting away and looking me in the eye, would twist and rotate the cube, maybe glancing at it once or twice more, then hand the finished thing over. Grrrr ruddy show-off.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 06:40 PM

I couldn't do it but my son was a whizz ..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 06:42 PM

Not sure I could complete it in 8 years
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I'm impressed Silver Tabby! I never even managed to get on side done never mind all of them

How do you do it? More importantly, can you put a video link of your hands doing the Rubik's Cube REALLY SLOWLY so we can learn
LOL! I'll have to find it first! Someone bought me a keyring that had a very tiny one attached and that drove me crackers it was so fiddley.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

30-07-2013, 09:44 PM

There you go Tabby - you are one of the lucky few that can make sense of all those twists and turns
petersull
New Member!
cumbria
petersull is male 

01-08-2013, 09:06 PM

How can someone peel off all them stickers and put them in the right place in 8 seconds, I think not.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Australian Feliks Zemdegs has been crowned 2013's Rubik's Cube World Champion during a tense three-day event that attracted 575 competitors from 37 countries. Zemdegs, 17, scored a fastest average time of 8.18 seconds for solving the classic 3x3 cube

Have you ever managed to complete a Rubik's Cube (without cheating )?
Yes, they are not difficult to complete, it is only a matter of learning a few routines. Most people, once they have learned, can complete a cube in a couple of minutes. The problem is that once you have learned it becomes too mechanical and a bit boring. I haven't done it for years but there are plenty of You Tube films to show you how.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top