Join for free
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:04 PM

Policeman drink drive

This morning went to marlebourne summer fair , it's mainly food stores and businesses giving free samples , there's a fun fair and live music , walking about partner stopped at a wine stall they were giving free samples of their different wines , a motorbike policeman was chatting to the stall holder and was trying different wines , his police motorbike was parked feet away , the samples you get to try are in really small plastic cups , it didn't bother me , but he must be stupid to risk his job , all it would of taken member of the public filming him , then good bye to his job ,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:10 PM

Re: Policeman drink drive

Very silly of him Markey, as you say, he was risking his job or at least a warning.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
This morning went to marlebourne summer fair , it's mainly food stores and businesses giving free samples , there's a fun fair and live music , walking about partner stopped at a wine stall they were giving free samples of their different wines , a motorbike policeman was chatting to the stall holder and was trying different wines , his police motorbike was parked feet away , the samples you get to try are in really small plastic cups , it didn't bother me , but he must be stupid to risk his job , all it would of taken member of the public filming him , then good bye to his job ,
Only risk shis job if over the limit.

But think nobody should drink and drive.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Only risk shis job if over the limit.

But think nobody should drink and drive.
He is risking his job by drinking on duty, he doesn't need to be over the limit.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:59 PM

My first thought is - why do I never get offered free wine tasting?

Yes, very silly indeed. My big copper son wouldn't even have a drink the evening before he was on duty next day.

Gone are the days when cops used to pop into clubs in the evenings and get free pints. It did happen.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
He is risking his job by drinking on duty, he doesn't need to be over the limit.
No hes not.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

29-06-2015, 05:56 AM

The Police colluded and covered up their incompetence involving the deaths of 96 people at Hillsborough. The Police are like Doctors, they don't inform or implicate their own. I would wager most cops skate on any drink driving stop.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 06:43 AM

No hes not.
yes he is! watch any episode of Heartbeat and there are numerous references to refusing drinks whilst on duty!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 07:43 AM

No hes not.
Code of Conduct for Police Officers

Clause 10

Whilst on duty officers must be sober. Officers should not consume alcohol when on duty unless specifically authorised to do so or it becomes necessary for the proper discharge of police duty.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Code of Conduct for Police Officers

Clause 10

Whilst on duty officers must be sober.
That makes sense. We can't really stop them and make them blow in the bag.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top