Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2010, 01:34 PM

Motorcycle Touring

One of my favorite hobbies involves motorcycles. I love to see the natural wonders in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. There's everything you could imagine from mountains to deserts, raging rivers to waterfalls, scenic lakes to botanical gardens, and hundreds of miles of pristine ocean beaches. Did I mention that all of this is less than 80 miles from me?

My second hobby, photography, lends itself also to motorcycle touring. I've chosen the equipment on my bike to accommodate toting around lots of camera gear. I buy equipment for the photography with biking in mind. My tripods and camera bags are short & more compact so I can carry them in my hard case lockable trunk.

Each year when the eight month long rainy season ends I have a list ready to capture old favorites such as the tulip festivals as well as rides to Crater Lake National Park, Lake Detroit & Diamond Lake. Some of these must wait until May or June because the snow in higher elevations doesn't melt until then.

I hope that in my capturing the beauty that is the Pacific Northwest I can bring you along on my adventures of roaming around this scenic wonderland.

Crater Lake National Park

Diamond Lake

Canon Beach

Columbia River Gorge

Silver Falls State Park

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2010, 03:05 PM

Re: Motorcycle Touring

What a wonderful part of the world you live in, Bob ..... I am in awe of those beautiful scenes

Thanks for sharing your photos with us.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Stunning shots there Bob!!
mickypoppins
Colchester, uk
mickypoppins is female  mickypoppins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2010, 08:08 PM

Beautiful photos. I lived in the US for 8 years and it is the most beautiful country I have ever lived in!
Stella
New Member!
Bristol
Stella is female 

12-04-2010, 07:58 PM

Breathtaking..... beautiful place.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2010, 09:19 PM

Fantastic photos Bob.
Falcone
New Member!
South Yorks
Falcone is male 

09-06-2010, 10:13 PM

Ah, Crater Lake - know it well! Well I've been once! BUT, you'll be pleased to know Bob - on two wheels!! I remember signs for Diamond Lake and remember stopping at Odel Lake, which isn't that far away, for lunch. Have had three motorcycle touring holidays (9 weeks in all and many thousands of miles) riding the West Coast of the USA. Collected the bikes (BMW R110R - each time) in Bend, Oregon and then a loop round - down the Pacific Coast, through California, across to Yosemite, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and back across to Bend - varying the routes each time - fantastic holidays!
steve
New Member!
manchester, uk
steve is male 

09-05-2011, 03:05 PM

You are living my dream! haha.

One of the things on my to do list when I retire (or sooner, who knows?) is to travel round America, Canada and Europe on a bike (I live in the UK).

Those photos are simply magnificent and has added fuel to my fire of doing this! Thankyou for sharing
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2011, 03:16 PM

There's so much to do and see here that it seems like paradise. Spring is upon us and so is motorcycle season. There are hundreds out every weekend now as the area warms up.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top