Join for free
Page 28 of 72 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 10:09 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Val J ->
You'll be doing a fair amount of travelling then Myrtle, Staithes is beautiful, I'm not sure I've ever been to Runswick Bay or Saltburn but hope the weather is kind to you and that you have a lovely time. It's been a lovely sunny day today here on the East Yorks coast but a cold breeze.
Thanks Val ... An hour on the bus to Whitby then about half an hour to Staithes then Runswick Bay on the way back ... on Sunday same again to Whitby then bus for an hour to Saltburn.

On FB I've subscribed to a group called "This Britain" where people post photographs of lovely places and that's what makes me want to go and see them for myself.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 08:50 AM

Yes, the TV coverage was good I recorded it to see if me and my friends were on waving our flags. We weren't but my house could be seen through the trees, mind you blink your eyes and you would miss it. The pie and peas were good... A fun day I think even the police had fun
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes, the TV coverage was good I recorded it to see if me and my friends were on waving our flags. We weren't but my house could be seen through the trees, mind you blink your eyes and you would miss it. The pie and peas were good... A fun day I think even the police had fun
Wouldn't have thought that pie and peas were adequate nourishment for the cyclists. Besides, how would they eat them?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 09:37 AM

Well, served on a tray with a napkin all washed down with a nice Chianti
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 08:42 AM

It's about time some of us Yorkshire folk got our fingers out and started posting.........

Nice sunny morning here so am taking Mrs Fox for a walk along the beach at Hornsea......While ever I sit here I will find a job to do.....What's everybody else doing?...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's about time some of us Yorkshire folk got our fingers out and started posting.........

Nice sunny morning here so am taking Mrs Fox for a walk along the beach at Hornsea......While ever I sit here I will find a job to do.....What's everybody else doing?...
I'm glad you have resurrected this thread, OGF. Thank you.

On this dull, overcast day, appropriately we are about to venture further west into uncharted territories - to Frodsham, to be precised. Well, I am a missionary after all.

Had it been a bright, sunny day, we'd have been going east back to the civilised world.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 11:58 AM

Was at Hornsea Garden Centre last Saturday Foxy, bought a few bargain plants and as is becoming a daily event, had coffee and scone.

Meeting friends for coffee this afternoon, perhaps Sewerby Park or maybe the Spa, it's a lovely sunny day here with a bit of a breeze.

I think schools finish today so the next few weeks will be just a bit busy round here, will have to find lesser known places to visit!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 03:11 PM

As long as you didn't have to go to that atmosphere-free temple of despair and loneliness they call Freeport, Val, Foxy.

I love Hornsea and I've no idea why. There's nothing much to do there, but Mrs. Floydysaurus and myself take a drive up there at least once a month for a stroll and maybe a fish cake. That little cafe on the front is great for a mug of tea and some teacakes as well!

Enjoy Sewerby park today too, my second home virtually as a kid when we had a caravan on the Charity Farm site. Happy days!

Nothing too special for me today, just a bit of shopping and out tonight to a 70th birthday party.
Though I did mention in the good morning thread yesterday that we to see Keep It Cash on Hull's pier last night. It went very well indeed but was rather chilly.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 09:58 AM

C'mon rise and shine all you lazy Yorkshire Puddings, as John Wayne used to say "We're burning Daylight".....

Looks like the the BBC's weather man has got it wrong again, I awoke to find a completely grey sky and heavy rain rattling against the window. Upon checking the weather on the BBC's website there was no mention of rain today until later....Perhaps it has taken them by surprise, just like it has me....

The beauty of living in a bungalow is, when it's raining heavy you can hear it thundering on the ground and it's quite comforting really. Throughout my life I have run in it, walked in it, cycled in it, delivered letters in it and proposed to my wife in it......But now I'm retired I can listen to it outside and go back to bed for another hour or two..........Which is exactly what I did.......Morning Dudes!....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:02 AM

Sunny here on the wrong side of the Pennines.

Page 28 of 72 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top