Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 05:17 PM

Re: Filling Up.

I have had problems that could only be attributed to dodgy diesel as next fill up the car is as good as gold. I never buy from supermarkets only use BP or Shell filling stations.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 05:49 PM

It pays to ALWAYS get a receipt for your fuel, then if you have problems with your car due to dodgy fuel, you have proof of where you bought it and the type/amount of fuel you put in
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 05:57 PM

Surely just a receipt doesn't actually prove the fuel in the tank came from a particular filling station. All it shows is that you visited that filling station on a certain day and put XYZ
amount of fuel in and what it cost
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Surely just a receipt doesn't actually prove the fuel in the tank came from a particular filling station. All it shows is that you visited that filling station on a certain day and put XYZ
amount of fuel in and what it cost
Er? Would prove it for me.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:26 PM

to you yes, but to the authorities to act on ???
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 07:14 PM

If you have damaged your engine/fuel system and you suspect the pump you filled from had contaminated fuel, then the receipt could prove you filled from that particular pump, with the type/quantity of fuel, they usually have the pump number on the receipt, useful as evidence if you have an independent engineers report, then you can claim for repairs from the garage
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't know how it works in Germany but I do know that this sort of thing is being trialled here in some shops. The price of goods can change at any time.
Exactly the same here Longdogs. The damned service stations go unregulated. They are only leased out by the big companies and the prices are controlled from a main computer hence the prices rise and fall with the press of a key. They are looking at digital price bands now so they can change the prices of the goods on the shelves at will. I refuse to buy anything but fuel from them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top