Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 10:55 PM

Re: Are there benefits of eating organic food and being a veggie

May....loved your posts, both of them. Why would they go out to eat just to complain boggles the mind.

Kind of reminds me in a way about this jogger who used to run around the park with a cigarette dangling.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:46 PM

Having tried both veggie and veganism I don't believe it has any particular health benefits. It's a purely ethical choice. One that unfortunately doesn't work for me as my body needs some meat and dairy for me to be healthy.

I do believe that cutting down on meat is good.

I don't believe eating lots of fish to compensate is great - most contains mercury (and maybe even bits of plastic!).

I don't believe organic makes a great deal of difference to health. But it can taste much better.

Nitrate is the stuff to avoid, but that's not so easy. Is organic soil nitrate free?

But the main thing is that eating organic, veggie, clean, raw etc does not prevent sickness and cancer. It's not going to make you live longer. It will not give you lower blood pressure than someone who eats a bit of meat and eats non organic fruit and veg. The quality of the food you eat will merely make eating more pleasant. Most health and longevity is down to genetics. Eating too many raw foods probably makes you sick. Raw salad is full of oxalic acid which can be harmful in large quantities. Veggies/vegans often eat too many unhealthy carbs (not all but many I know do). I believe the best diet is rich in alkaline foods. Organic or not.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:47 PM

Yes it does taste better, but it did not he Linda McCartney, whose Organic Vegetarian foods are still in the Super markets.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I did not climb to the very top of the food chain to eat bloody lettuce.
Meat rules ok
Absolutely, gotta have meat every day.

Anyway ALL food is organic otherwise we would be nibbling on coal and sipping Brent crude.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 11:53 PM

Surely coal is organic too?!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Surely coal is organic too?!
It was once but no longer, it is a sedimentary rock
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

30-01-2018, 01:31 AM

Watson : Pass me a Charcoal biscuit Holmes there's a good chap ....

Holmes : Sedimentary my dear Watson!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top