Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 07:35 PM

Re: Too big?

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
Funnily enough, we are actually seeing less food for more $, unless one goes to a buffet or family style restaurant. So...we're feeling a bit ripped off. I used to have lots of left overs. Even many Chinese restaurants now have skimpy portions. It's not right! Lol!
Interesting Bobby...
Is it a ploy to tackle the obesity problem?
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Interesting Bobby...
Is it a ploy to tackle the obesity problem?
No, I think it is the cost of business, the mandatory minimum wage increases, and cost of production. All economic related.

In many cases, putting profits before people, corporate greed, esp. publicly traded companies.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 07:52 PM

Around here, we are big on "doggy bags"...I always have one after a big meal in a restaurant, as I can't eat it all. sometimes I order a dessert, and take half of that home as well.

Here, when you finished, they always say "may I wrap that up for you?"
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 07:57 PM

My wife often asks for a smaller portion or a child's meal instead of the standard platter. Otherwise she ends up giving half of hers to me. I never leave anything on my plate except the fatty bits and the half a tomato which invariably isn't cooked properly.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:03 PM

I have always had this problem, especially with pub roasts. It actually puts me off if there is too much on the plate.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:06 PM

Like you, VJ, I often find the solution is to choose two starters or a starter and a pudding.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Like you, VJ, I often find the solution is to choose two starters or a starter and a pudding.
I'd take an extra pint over a pudding anyday. No contest!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:09 PM

had to laugh at the title,a lady complaining its to big

anyway I agree,some places bulk it up with chips,or a salad on same plate,,i don't eat as much now not working
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:11 PM

Rhian, treat yourself to a really pretty plate, a smaller one, and keep that for your dinner.
That's what I do if I don't want to pile too much grub on, I just use a smaller plate. Problem solved.

If you are eating out, I would do what Floydy said his wife does, and order a child's portion - a lot cheaper too, makes more sense than paying for a huge plateful, then leave half of it.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I have always had this problem, especially with pub roasts. It actually puts me off if there is too much on the plate.
At a carvery near me they ask if you want a Yorkshire pud with your meat (veggie option) and then they lift up a thing with their tongs that probably wouldn't fit on the plate on its own...let alone with all the rest of the stuff.
They'd be better off asking if you wanted a Yorkshire pud plate with your roast dinner!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top