Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Re: Would you wear fur ?

I hate fur even the artificial kind. It gives me the creeps.

My evil stepmother has a mink coat and a couple of dead foxes she liked to hang around her neck. They suited her
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:56 PM

Cruela de Vil ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Cruela de Vil ?
Yes absolutely
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 05:26 PM

I think it's ok to wear fur if you live in a primitive culture such as tribes in the wilds of Siberia or Eskimos. Fur is the best way to keep warm there. But they raise and look after their animals and eat them from necessity. It's not the same to wear fur for fashion or to kill animals deliberately for their coats. I wear sheepskin and leather. I think it's terrible the way the industry is run and ideally I'd be vegan, but i need meat or i get sick so i just have to accept the bad feelings and at least this way i appreciate the animal did not die for nothing. The worst thing is to see fresh meat binned.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think it's ok to wear fur if you live in a primitive culture such as tribes in the wilds of Siberia or Eskimos. Fur is the best way to keep warm there. But they raise and look after their animals and eat them from necessity. It's not the same to wear fur for fashion or to kill animals deliberately for their coats. I wear sheepskin and leather. I think it's terrible the way the industry is run and ideally I'd be vegan, but i need meat or i get sick so i just have to accept the bad feelings and at least this way i appreciate the animal did not die for nothing. The worst thing is to see fresh meat binned.
I am sure the Siberians and Inuits (they aren't called Eskimos these days) would be thrilled to be described as having a primitive culture!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am sure the Siberians and Inuits (they aren't called Eskimos these days) would be thrilled to be described as having a primitive culture!
You know exactly what I meant.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I hate fur even the artificial kind. It gives me the creeps.

My evil stepmother has a mink coat and a couple of dead foxes she liked to hang around her neck. They suited her
Both my grandmothers had those dead fox things around their necks, YUCK!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 06:36 PM

What is the difference between lambs being slaughtered for their skins rather than meat?
Well, the way it's done for a start. A lot of animals are skinned alive and then chucked on a pile to die. Even You must see that as being barbaric.

At least animals killed for meat are stunned first apart from the 'you know what' religion.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

21-02-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well, the way it's done for a start. A lot of animals are skinned alive and then chucked on a pile to die. Even You must see that as being barbaric.

At least animals killed for meat are stunned first apart from the 'you know what' religion.
Are you sure that is the case? If that is so it is very wrong and something I definitely would not condone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 06:46 PM

Are you sure that is the case? If that is so it is very wrong and something I definitely would not condone.
I have seen videos of it and believe me, you wouldn't want to see it.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top