Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:26 AM

Re: Would you wear fur ?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Snow leopard !
I would hide it you may get covered with paint !
One view for all? How very PC of you!
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:40 AM

Over the years I have had a few furs. My parents gave me a mink caplet for my 25th, birthday and I wore it for many, many years. I received a gorgeous silver fox jacket from my hubby sometime in the 70's...

Now, I only own faux furs...and love them.

I sold my fox jacket at one of my famous yard sales sometime in the 90's...

And, I had my beautiful mink caplet turned into a teddy bear for my granddaughter, when she was born...

I would never wear real fur again...I agree with whomever said...that fur only belongs on the animal born with it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
One view for all? How very PC of you!
The snow leopard is one of the most endangered animals on the planet .
Wearing its fur might engender some adverse reactions .
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
No , it's totally unethical and out of vogue anyway. They look horrid.
Unfortunately I have a mink coat my mother in law left to me. Haven't a clue what to do with it. No one will take it, not even animal shelters for kittens or puppies.
I'm not taking it to a charity shop so someone else can get their hands on it, and maybe sell it abroad. So at a loss what to do. 80 minks will have gone into making it.

Poland Fur Farms are some of the worst and export to UK. Mink and fox. Horrendous way they kill the foxes the footage is gruesome. They also breed 'monster foxes' in Finland, for more fur rolls of it ! China is bad in every way but until we get our own house in order, we really can't shout about them and expect to be taken seriously.

Fake fur looks crummy IMO. Why try to emulate something we feel as wrong anyway ?
I got a mink jacket from my husband for a wedding present. I was young and stupid, I would never wear one now.
My mom had a mink coat, I made teddy bears out of it and donated them.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The snow leopard is one of the most endangered animals on the planet .
Correct......................and unfortunately nothing can restore my 60+ year old fur coat to a living, breathing animal and anyone stupid enough to make an adverse reaction must be wholly intent on damage for the sake of damage and should be considered to be as destructive and dangerous as those who originally killed the snow leopard!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 05:38 AM

I've only just come across this thread but thought I'd add to it............. My French grandmother died in Paris many years ago and I had to go and sort out her house & funeral. In the house I found three fur coats, one of which I brought back to the UK and had professionally cleaned, identified and valued. It's a truly beautiful coat - three quarter length, white fur with black areas and probably dates back to the 1950's. It was identified as Snow Leopard !!!! It's now pretty old and the skin has dried and cracked. I'd love to sell it, but I cannot prove how old it is - which is required for a cites certificate and it's a shame just to throw it away...........any ideas?
Snow leopards are endangered with only 6,000 left and sadly, many of them are in zoos.

So, what about donating it to a museum of natural history near you, a children's science museum - or even a school where the coat could be used as part of a scienced education program?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 07:05 AM

Good idea Surfermom, it's difficult to know what to do with these coats,I inherited one too I gave it to a charity. Im not sure what happened to it after that, they may well have destroyed it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 07:09 AM

Correct......................and unfortunately nothing can restore my 60+ year old fur coat to a living, breathing animal and anyone stupid enough to make an adverse reaction must be wholly intent on damage for the sake of damage and should be considered to be as destructive and dangerous as those who originally killed the snow leopard!
I don't agree, I think wearing it perpetuates the trade, sorry but I would be one of those making the adverse remarks .
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 09:17 AM

I've only just come across this thread but thought I'd add to it............. My French grandmother died in Paris many years ago and I had to go and sort out her house & funeral. In the house I found three fur coats, one of which I brought back to the UK and had professionally cleaned, identified and valued. It's a truly beautiful coat - three quarter length, white fur with black areas and probably dates back to the 1950's. It was identified as Snow Leopard !!!! It's now pretty old and the skin has dried and cracked. I'd love to sell it, but I cannot prove how old it is - which is required for a cites certificate and it's a shame just to throw it away...........any ideas?

Why profit from it, donate it to a museum.
Franziska02
New Member!
Germany
Franziska02 is female 

23-04-2018, 12:58 PM

Since I also go hunting, fur is no problem for me to wear. For me, fur is a nice, pleasant material, is natural, warm, elegant.

I do not understand all the protests against fur.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top