Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 08:52 PM

Re: How can you prevent porridge from sticking to the bottom of the pan?

You could also try "overnight oats" (no cooking required) - there are thousands of milk/fruit/sweetener combination recipes on the internet .....
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:48 PM

My porridge also sticks to the bottom of the saucepan. But when cooked, I eat it straight from the saucepan. So I scrape tha stuck bit and eat it. I cook it in milk.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:16 PM

I changed to cornflakes years ago .
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 09:06 AM

The porridge did not stick to the bottom today. Don’t know why.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 10:03 AM

Half a cup of porridge oats,three quartes of a cup of milk,2 minutes in the micro wave,job down.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 10:22 AM

I also use a microwave to make porridge, the proportions are 2/1, 2 ramekins of water to one of jumbo organic oats.

Ffosse if you don't have a microwave you could buy a small Bain-marie there are loads on Amazon at a reasonable price and they are great for sauces and scrambled eggs too. ..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ancillary-R...KNEW26FWT299R2

or make one with if you have saucepans of a suitable size.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:46 AM

A microwave free zone here too Ffosse, like you, never needed or used one, time is something I've got plenty of.

Concerning the porridge (which I have been having every day since Nelson took his first commission) I heat up the porridge very slowly, stirring all the time until it bubbles and spits. Empty the contents of the pan into a bowl and under a hot tap remove most of the sticky material with your stirring spoon. Then with a firm washing up brush remove the rest under a running tap and finish with a wipe round with the dish cloth. Replace pan into pan drawer and eat the porridge in a nice clean and tidy kitchen. Speed is of the essence, and the porridge will still be piping hot and ready to be consumed.....

My preferred washing up brush is supplied by 'Lakeland' and is firm enough to remove barnacles from the hull of a boat.....Well, almost....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 12:02 PM

I have only just discovered Mornflake Oatmeal (as opposed to porridge oats) and I absolutely love it. It has a real depth to it when cooked in milk.

The pan is a problem though so normally just end up leaving it in soak overnight. I also do not have a microwave.

It's a good question though Ffosse. I might have to experiment

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top