Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 01:25 PM

Re: African migrants protest against Israel's plans to deport them.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My extended family ran from their country back in the 70s, the men threatening them had guns, machetes and were all fit young men. My family were one over 90, two over 70s, three under 5s, four women in their 20s. Two sticks and a frying pan for defence. But they had enough money to buy a ticket to uk.

Thankfully apart from one worrying stop at a road block they made it to airport and bribed a private plane owner to take them.

Call them what you want I call them survivors brave survivors.

They all made it although auntie died about two weeks after arriving her internal injuries from being raped just over took her.

So you tell me why don't people stay and fight ? Why do they run ?
Obviously the women and children should be allowed to migrate, but this is not what we are seeing today Julie is it? Most of the migrants are healthy fit young men, who have left their women and children behind to suffer their fate.

I would never leave my family if they were in danger, I would stay and fight until my last breath with whatever weapons I could find.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 01:39 PM

I can't help thinking Israel have got the right idea.

It's whether they fully enforce it and carry out their threat to imprison them.. and for how long? .... that will earn them some flak. Jews ... suffered imprisonment ... now imprisoning refugees. Given their own history it does sound bad.

But this is a little different. Like a load of other countries they're seeing an influx of economic migrants who spot a place and expect hand outs. Are they like European wannabes? Young chaps in their 20's?
I can't say I blame them for making a stand and trying to draw a line. I doubt they'll be bothered about any international condemnation over it either.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Obviously the women and children should be allowed to migrate, but this is not what we are seeing today Julie is it? Most of the migrants are healthy fit young men, who have left their women and children behind to suffer their fate.

I would never leave my family if they were in danger, I would stay and fight until my last breath with whatever weapons I could find.
I can't guarantee what's going on of course but those travelling across seas in boats etc it may only be fit young men surviving or they may be coming first to find a safe place for their families. Or may be economic migrants rather than true asylum seekers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Just another article to make Israel look bad .
Why should Israel a tiny country take in loads of Africans ?
Why don't they go to any of the nearby ARABIC /AFRICAN countries ?
Because they would get short shift !
The same as those who cross many countries to get to the Uk they go to the countries that are humane .
I completely agree, and I think it's ridiculous that we and other European countries don't do the same.

Either we do the same or, sooner or later, we lose our national identity completely and, before long, become just another third world country.

Long after I've gone, hopefully, but the lovely snowflakes will at least feel happy.

Good for you, Israel. Yet another reason why I admire you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I can't help thinking Israel have got the right idea.
What? Surely, a misprint by the woman who constantly derides Israel for everything under the sun?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 03:50 PM

Choose your blunt arrows with more care JBR.
All you've done is show you don't really understand any of my posts on any thread I post on which concerns Israel.
I take it you're just feeling a little peeved and poking your stick ..rather ineffectually too I might add.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-02-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Choose your blunt arrows with more care JBR.
All you've done is show you don't really understand any of my posts on any thread I post on which concerns Israel.
I take it you're just feeling a little peeved and poking your stick ..rather ineffectually too I might add.
I'd be grateful if, as I suspect, you disagree with what I say, you would do me the favour of putting me on 'ignore'.

In return, I promise not to engage further with you.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

25-02-2018, 03:59 PM

It's a discussion forum JBR ... we agitate the brain cells, we agitate the fingers instead of agitating the jaw to convey our views.

I can see you are ... agitated ... if I see you have expressed a view I disagree with I will state a counter argument if I feel it merits one.

Which includes unnecessary swipes at me.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What? Surely, a misprint by the woman who constantly derides Israel for everything under the sun?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I completely agree, and I think it's ridiculous that we and other European countries don't do the same.

Either we do the same or, sooner or later, we lose our national identity completely and, before long, become just another third world country.

Long after I've gone, hopefully, but the lovely snowflakes will at least feel happy.

Good for you, Israel. Yet another reason why I admire you.
Absolutely !
How dare people criticise Israel ( and ourselves for that matter ) for its humanity while ignoring all the surrounding countries who wouldn't entertain the idea of illegal immigrants much less Africans who many Arabs consider inferior .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Are a lot of these the Ethiopian Jews that Israel transported to Israel in a secret mission ? 'Operation Solomon' and now those same ones that Israeli's do not want to have as neighbours and suffering persecution.

The Zionist Dream
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32813056

True to its Zionist dream of being a haven for Jews, the Jewish state embarked on risky and expensive rescue operations in the 1980s and 1990s.

These brought tens of thousands of Jews from remote parts of Ethiopia, who had suffered from religious persecution, famine and civil wars.

No PD they are not the Ethiopian Jews they are illegal immigrants from Eritrea and The Sudan.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top