Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 12:10 PM

Re: The Ottoman Empire and Bedu

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sorry you are wrong too I lived 22 years in the Far East in an Islamic country

Wrong again I loved those people I still do .
You have a massive chip about hate don't you ?
You are always bringing it into conversation .
Yes I hate hate it's the only thing I do hate though so I don't think I'm doing to badly really.

I know you lived there you have told us several times. But didn't seem to enjoy it very much from your posts.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 12:19 PM

I doubt it
Uh, uh ! I don't ! and I don't shit rainbows ..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes I hate hate it's the only thing I do hate though so I don't think I'm doing to badly really.

I know you lived there you have told us several times. But didn't seem to enjoy it very much from your posts.

You must have missed something and if I tell you the good things it will be said that I am bragging .
I loved Jordan for example where I lived in the ME I spent my time riding about the desert and enjoying this dramatic country with its courteous people .
i can't tell you how lovely it is to find a black desert orchid in the morning they only flower for one day .
The beauty of their horses is just incredible .
The ancient sites are memorising full of history it's fantastic .
I loved seeing the Bedouins in their Beit Shar ( tents) I loved walking in the footsteps of TE Lawrence and Glubb Pasha and of course it is the Holy Land chock full of biblical history .
I lived near a town that was famous for being one of the strongholds of Saladddin a very noble and chivalrous leader .
But you know other people will find that boring I try to keep to the subject under discussion .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 12:26 PM

Although it had been mentioned repeatedly on umpteen threads it's seems that some still can't get their heads around what made up the Ottoman Empire .
It was a huge Empire ruled by the Ottoman Turks and covered a vast expanse of the Middle East .
The Ottoman Empire was broken up due to the Ottomans having sided with Germany in the firat world war

"The partition of the Ottoman Empire (Armistice of Mudros, 30 October 1918 – Abolition of the Ottoman Sultanate, 1 November 1922) was a political event that occurred after World War I and the occupation of Constantinople by British, French and Italian troops in November 1918. The partitioning was planned in several agreements made by the Allied Powers early in the course of World War I, notably the Sykes-Picot Agreement. The huge conglomeration of territories and peoples that formerly comprised the Ottoman Empire was divided into several new states.[3] The Ottoman Empire had been the leading Islamic state in geopolitical, cultural and ideological terms. The partitioning of the Ottoman Empire led to the rise in the Middle East of Western powers such as Britain and France and brought the creation of the modern Arab world and the Republic of Turkey. Resistance to the influence of these powers came from the Turkish national movement but did not become widespread in the post-Ottoman states until after World War II. The League of Nations mandate granted French Mandate for Syria and the Lebanon and British Mandate for Mesopotamia (later Iraq) and British Mandate for Palestine, later divided into Mandatory Palestine and Emirate of Transjordan (1921-1946). The Ottoman Empire's possessions in the Arabian Peninsula became the Kingdom of Hejaz, which was annexed by the Sultanate of Nejd (today Saudi Arabia), and the Mutawakkilite Kingdom of Yemen. The Empire's possessions on the western shores of the Persian Gulf were variously annexed by Saudi Arabia (Alahsa and Qatif), or remained British protectorates (Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar) and became the Arab States of the Persian Gulf."

Re the Normadic tribes
These are known as the Bedu or Bedouin .
They roamed all over the area now known as Egypt Iraq Israel and Syria .
They live by herding animals usually sheep and goats and follow the pastures according to the seasons .
They don't own the land they just wander although the modern day world has lead to increasingly permanent settlements .
The are all over the ME although new borders obviously restrict them somewhat they still pass over them to a certain extent .
They are not , as many seem to think confined to Israel
Although many Bedouins do live in the Negev desert .
In recent years many join the IDF as trackers indeed as do increasing amounts of Israeli Arabs .
Let us lose this misunderstanding that their land has been taken from them they rarely unless settled own any .
As usual and erroneously it's being used again as a stick to beat and demonise Israel.
It is the same with normadic tribes all over the world
The modern world has closed in on them be they in the Middle East or the jungles of Borneo or South America .
Nice thought provocing post.

Shame you were attacked over it.

PS sorry about any spelling mistikes my spell checker is not working
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Uh, uh ! I don't ! and I don't shit rainbows ..

True just Bull.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

More...this is getting interesting.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 01:22 PM

You must have missed something and if I tell you the good things it will be said that I am bragging .
I loved Jordan for example where I lived in the ME I spent my time riding about the desert and enjoying this dramatic country with its courteous people .
i can't tell you how lovely it is to find a black desert orchid in the morning they only flower for one day .
I loved seeing the Bedouins in their Beit Shar ( tents) I loved walking in the footsteps of TE Lawrence and Glubb Pasha and of course it is the Holy Land chock full of biblical history .
I lived near a town that was famous for being one of the strongholds of Saladddin a very noble and chivalrous leader .
But you know other people will find that boring I try to keep to the subject under discussion .
Not boring at all I'd love to hear more about it muddy. I'm not jealous I know that wouldn't have been for me but I'm happy you saw it all. So feel free tell us as much as you feel comfy doing.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 02:55 PM

Thats not boring, far from it, its a lovely description of your time there Muddy.
We could maybe have a thread about places weve lived in the world?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-02-2018, 08:06 AM

Thank you Julie Ruthio and Galty and anyone I have missed for your kind posts!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 06:17 AM

Blimey Muddy it makes me realise I have done so little with my life, am I jealous?... you bet

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top