Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:09 PM

car service

why,when you take your car in for a service or work to do on it,it never comes back the same,,,,radio on a different channel,rear view mirror moved,,seat to accommodate a 7ft giant,plastic seat cover stuffed in side pockets,and it dosent seem to drive the same,,,as you can guess I just had a service on car today
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:12 PM

Re: car service

Since I found a better dealer to service my Ford, it actually comes back (almost) as good as new - it certainly looks new after their powerwash and polish!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:16 PM

They're a pain in the butt.
I spend about 20 minutes adjusting everything back to how I can drive it.
And I always tell them in no uncertain terms to NEVER touch my radio.
They never have it ready in the time given too so I end up traipsing around the town or some bland industrial estate for bloody hours. Once I decided to get a bus home because I was so bored, but as soon as I opened my front door my mobile rang to say it was ready!!
Got mine in a couple of weeks time, so I'll be watching....
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:42 PM

Wight Motors, Toyota main dealers alway have supplied a five star service. I drop my Prius in at 0800, take a loan Yaris and the garage phones for me to collect, usually about lunch time. Car has also been washed, and seat covers taken away. Paperwork includes a hybrid performance sheet and a coffee if I want. Pleasurable experience on the Isle of Wight.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:51 PM

When I unlock my car only the passenger door unlocks, so I have to lean in and release the driver door before walking around and getting in.
Ive got used to it...

Today when I unlocked it both the windows opened!

Then when I got in and flicked the switch to close them I noticed the roof was half open...

Then when I tried to close the roof the doors locked

Do you think its time for a service?

https://youtu.be/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:51 PM

Hi

I do not use a Main Agent.

I drive mine to the Garage and wait for it.

Bacon and Egg Butty, £1.50, free Coffee and a chat.

I have been going there for over 25 years.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:52 PM

hey,my car gets serviced,washed,valeted and read out and a cam video sent to my pc,,,not knocking audi garage,,i stated things had been moved,not the same as when I took it in.......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 05:58 PM

I love taking my husbands car in for a service

Hand it over, get given a lift into town ( all of 2 blocks ) have a dander about the shops for a while then make my way back when Im hungry. Get a sandwich, a bun and a biscuit and as much coffee or whatever I want to drink, sit and use their iPads on their wifi, then get given a spotless car back as they give it a full valet as well

Mine goes to the fella up the road, I drive it up, he drives me home and Im stuck till he's finished
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 01:19 PM

We have always had our cars service on a yearly basis, we have never had any problems, always ensuring they are serviced by a garage, which knows what they are doing.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 01:23 PM

I usually drop mine off at the garage in the town where I work in the morning..
Walk to school...
Walk back after school...
And drive home..
Plastic seat cover still in place!

I hate it if they've had to disconnect the battery for any reason and then I have to search through all the paperwork and booklets and manuals gumph to find the 4 digit PIN to reboot the radio

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top