Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 07:10 PM

Re: Things You Just Don't Hear About Anymore.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just for you Rhian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvo2Hddqg3I
Haha! That's brilliant!
It's hardly aged either has It to be fair?!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Haha! That's brilliant!
It's hardly aged either has It to be fair?!

We used to have a Corona delivery man who brought cherryade, Limeade and Lemonade. I can't remember if he brought Cresta as well.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 07:16 PM

We used to have a Corona delivery man who brought cherryade, Limeade and Lemonade. I can't remember if he brought Cresta as well.
Oh we had one of them
And a fish man once a week too
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 08:10 PM

I used to love Cresta when I was little. They had a cream soda flavour that I adored at one point.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 08:12 PM

Oh we had one of them
You'd think someone would have resurrected the idea of bringing food to people in a van. I know that some milkman have reappeared but it's not that popular.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 09:13 PM

Oh we had one of them
we had a seafood man, a knife sharpener man and a toffee apple man on a bike Honk! Honk!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

24-03-2018, 09:14 PM

we had a seafood man, a knife sharpener man and a toffee apple man on a bike Honk! Honk!
Sounds like a scene from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-03-2018, 09:17 PM

Sounds like a scene from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Actually, you are right because all the kids used to follow the toffee apple man round the streets shouting Honk! Honk!..... Honk! Honk!.... Ttttoffffeeeeappppple!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 09:55 AM

There was an Icecream man who lived t'other end of the estate who had a trike with a large container on the front, filled with dry ice. He had a large hand held bell, so when he stoppped, as he frequently did, out would come the bell and in the shortest possible time he was surrounded by us kids clamouring for some icecream.

He disappeared after a couple years though when he was superceded by a 'Mr Whippy' van. Even our cat got to recognise the chimes and would rush and sit in the queue patiently waiting for 'his' icecream too.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

25-03-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
He disappeared after a couple years though when he was superceded by a 'Mr Whippy' van. Even our cat got to recognise the chimes and would rush and sit in the queue patiently waiting for 'his' icecream too.
How much did he have to pay for his UJ?

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top