Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:13 PM

Onion Rolls, Cokes, and Moral Dilemma

The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day and I was off to the grocery store (market) after a quick trip to the dentist...

In the checkout line, a man - professional-looking, well-dressed, about sixty - berated a sales clerk who innocently asked him if he had found everything he wanted.

He lost his temper, saying he had been trying to purchase a certain kind of onion rolls that are carried in stores up north to no avail, for four months, despite asking the bakery to do so.

He was so loud that an assistant manager intervened, offered to help, steered him off to make a special order etc. but there was no pleasing the guy. By now the young clerk was visibly shaken.

As I unloaded my groceries into my car and while exchanging a few friendly words with a nice young family here on vacation, Mr. Sunshine wheeled his cart (trolley) to his car, slung his groceries inside and slammed the cart into the bay where the empty carts are collected.

However, in his hurried anger, I noticed that he had left a six pack of Coca Cola and bottled water on the bottom of the cart.

Now, what do you think I did or should have done next?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:19 PM

Re: Onion Rolls, Cokes, and Moral Dilemma

Well I know what I'd have done but I can't possibly advise you to be so cruel

Tbh he really deserved that bit of karma. IMO
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:20 PM

Just to be awkward I would have taken them home with me and sod him.

What did you do?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:25 PM

I'll tell you soon... .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day and I was off to the grocery store (market) after a quick trip to the dentist...

In the checkout line, a man - professional-looking, well-dressed, about sixty - berated a sales clerk who innocently asked him if he had found everything he wanted.

He lost his temper, saying he had been trying to purchase a certain kind of onion rolls that are carried in stores up north to no avail, for four months, despite asking the bakery to do so.

He was so loud that an assistant manager intervened, offered to help, steered him off to make a special order etc. but there was no pleasing the guy. By now the young clerk was visibly shaken.

As I unloaded my groceries into my car and while exchanging a few friendly words with a nice young family here on vacation, Mr. Sunshine wheeled his cart (trolley) to his car, slung his groceries inside and slammed the cart into the bay where the empty carts are collected.

However, in his hurried anger, I noticed that he had left a six pack of Coca Cola and bottled water on the bottom of the cart.

You inform the supermarket, you don't steal it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:40 PM

Lost and found not stolen I'd have thought.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Lost and found not stolen I'd have thought.
No it is THEFT!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

I'd have just stood smirking at him ..
Then my humanitarian luv-all-humans innate nature would have kicked in and I'd have to shout over and tell him his 'onion rolls' were all lonely in his trolley and not to forget them, for onion rolls need luvin too.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

23-03-2018, 04:50 PM

Out of interest if you discovered an item in your supermarket trolley you had inadvertently overlooked, what would you do? This has happened to me a few times over the years, I have taken it back apologised, and handed over the money.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:54 PM

Oh gawd .... I'll let the honest law abiding answer that one. I'll go into a frothy meltdown of conscience versus greed.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top