Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 11:36 PM

Re: Onion Rolls, Cokes, and Moral Dilemma

Well it all sounds win:win Surfermom. You covered all bases and made up for all the bad karma. I just want to try those onion rolls now. I am sure they were delish!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Yes , and here's why.

Even though Mr. Sunshine was most unkind, when I noticed that he left the drinks, without thinking good-citizen , me called out to him twice to no avail. Perhaps I could have raced to his car, but by that time, I had had enough.

Now, if I had left the drinks, someone else would have most likely taken them, so if the man returned, he might have made another scene insisting that the store replace them. Knowing the manager, he might have acquiesced in the name of good customer service -which would have cost the store money.

If I had returned them to the store, the manager would have held on to them for a time and then put them back in inventory, or he could have just given them to the man if he returned...

But, I was in a happy festive mood over this instant karma and decided to pass it on with a little kindness of my own....

I quickly explained what had happened to the young family whom I could tell was on a budget, insisted that they take the drinks, and what I was about to do. They laughed and took the drinks with lovely gratitude.

Next, I went into the store and explained to the manager what had happened and gave him my card. If the man returned for the drinks, I would pay for them on my next visit. He declined, howling with laughter, and said it was on him because...

I was about to go to the other nearby market for a couple of items and would (and did) return with a package of onions rolls.

All I asked was he hand them to Mr. Sunshine with a big smile.

(Or give them to the clerk if he didn't return )
Too complicated .....

You got involved in Mr Angry's life - if he's really irrational, he might see you as a conspirator and put you on his hit-list .....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Too complicated .....

You got involved in Mr Angry's life - if he's really irrational, he might see you as a conspirator and put you on his hit-list .....
Ha, no, it just sort of unfolded...

He'll never know. Killed him with kindness, karma....and confusion tho'.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Disappointed now. I still prefer the thought of his underpants lying on the roof.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top