Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 08:01 AM

Re: Are you going to downsize?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Don't move it sounds lovely .
Aw thanks Muddy. It's not really lovely and it's not picturesque. It's only an old shop converted back to a house.

I'm sure we could find somewhere a lot nicer but I'm attached to it..
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 08:20 AM

No not downsize, we are looking to move at the moment, but we need something just a tiny bit bigger then we have got now.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 09:10 AM

Already done it. We bought a brand two bedroom new cottage about ten years ago, but still live in our four bed detached house until we decide to sell it and move into the cottage, which is fully furnished.
No one has mentioned the big inhibitor - costs of downsizing. Haven't a clue what they would be nowadays ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 09:14 AM

We will probably buy a bungalow eventually, but not for a while yet, I hope.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 09:16 AM

If we downsized we’d be in a tent!,
We live in a 2 bed semi detached bungalow, 3 of us! It’s far too small, always has been, we’ve lived here for almost 30 years, we moved from a two bed terraced house because of horrible neighbours, the idea was to do it up and then move on but with the housing crash in the early 90s, we stayed a bit, my wife gave up her job to bring up our son, so house moves were put on hold, then I had concerns over my job security, so we thought best to stay put! Now we own the house so the last thing is a new mortgage or re mortgage, we extended the garden a few years ago which makes it one of the biggest gardens in the street, enough to be able to have a summerhouse, so that’s our extra room in the summer, we are lucky to have wonderful neighbours all around and we have local shops and bus routes just a few minutes walk away, including my doctors, ideally I’d love to be able to semi retire, and leave my current job , and if our son would leave home that’s what I would do, ( we love him to pieces so he will always have a home here for as long as he wants), so we’d love to upsize, not downsize, but it ain’t gonna happen.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ideally I would love the coast somewhere, but can't see it ever happening now.
With coastal erosion as it is,its best avoided I would think.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 09:57 AM

We downsized twenty years ago once the children left home and we bought a new build property. We thought this would be our forever home but would love to move to a bungalow now but it's not possible. The best we can hope for is to have a stair lift installed.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 10:32 AM

We did the opposite bu upsizing. This is so our family can come and stay with 3 spare bedrooms, and the house value increases more so the kids are left something worth while
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:21 AM

Could do with upsizing two bed flat never really has been big enough, but we put beds in the living room too so we have enough sleeping areas just need a bigger kitchen and a living room added on.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:57 PM

A pleasant 3 bed bungalow has come up for sale a few doors down from us. My husband has my arm up my back to consider buying the place for when we need it. I just don't want the hassle of having to rent it out until such time as we need it. We have rented out places before years ago and regretted it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top