Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:00 PM

I'm really annoyed !!

Okay, I know there are a few Daily Mail readers on Off, so you must know about the Daily Mail £1 Million Game Scratchcard inserted in it.

I have tried to play this game from the beginning three weeks ago. There is a scratchcard in the DM on a Saturday for the whole week, and there is a scratchcard in the Mail on Sunday, also for the whole week.

Week 1. First Scratchcard in the Sunday Mail with a weeks Scratchcard. Do you think I could scratch the amounts off to see if I had three winning amounts? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I tried every coin in circulation, the end of HWMO's lighter, my nails. Nothing, absolutely nothing was of any use to remove the grey covering to reveal the amounts. (they made a point of printing that if any other square other than the six in the paper were removed the scratchcard would be nul and void. I could not remove the flaming ones I was entitled to.

Following Saturday. Success! a scratchcard for the week that only needed a light rubbing with a penny coin to reveal the amounts.

Sunday, Here we go again! Impossible to rub off. Tore this one into a thousand pieces in disgust.

Today, Same again. Absolutely impossible to rub the amounts off, tried everything. a coin not only rubbed the grey top off but the amount underneath too! Tore this up into a hundred pieces in disgust too.

Is it just me? Has anyone else had this problem. I want to throttle the instigator of these ruddy scratchcards. I am so annoyed. I complained to the DM online and they said that someone would respond. No-one has come back to me.

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:40 PM

Re: I'm really annoyed !!

Why would you waste your time with scratch cards?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 07:02 PM

Re: I'm really annoyed !!

Now that sounds like a scam if ever I heard one. I've see others on another forum moaning about it too so you aren't alone.

As for bothering why not if its free. Hardly any reason why not to I'd have thought.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top