Join for free
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:27 AM

Re: Who would be your Jonah?

I have redone the song, hope it works now.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
So I'm naughty. Tell me you don't approve, Summer.

Tuts at Plopps, what do you take me for

A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad, an optimist is one who hopes they are
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:36 AM

That's a good one. Now I'm totally confused because I don't think I'm either, as far as women are concerned.

I take you for a lovely lady who doesn't mind a little bit of naughtiness in men.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't like the way Christianity is being mocked & ridiculed by some members on here.

It started out as a light hearted thread and has turned quite nasty.
The reason it turned nasty is because the OP deliberately included Jesus in the people we could throw out of the boat. If it had just been politicians religion wouldn't have come into the thread.
As for mocking Christianity, I think people were just joking, but even if they weren't they are entitled to express their opinion, if the OP included religious figures in the first post!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 11:19 AM

To all those who find it amusing and disrespectful to mock Jesus and one's faith on this post. One question? Why is it that atheists find it so amusing to take the proverbial out of one's faith when you never hear anyone taking the same out of yours? Have some respect please and keep your disgraceful comments to yourselves.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
To all those who find it amusing and disrespectful to mock Jesus and one's faith on this post. One question? Why is it that atheists find it so amusing to take the proverbial out of one's faith when you never hear anyone taking the same out of yours? Have some respect please and keep your disgraceful comments to yourselves.
I make absolutely no apology for making comments about as faith which did me no favours whatsoever as a child.

The god featured in the Bible is an piece of the proverbial, if it exists and the deeds attributed to it have any truth in them. What sort of psycho would supposedly flood a whole world and kill everything in it apart from that weirdo Noah, his family and a few animals? What sort of pervert would get a young girl pregnant, then have its offspring killed in such an appalling manner to pay for the evil its daddy had created?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I make absolutely no apology for making comments about as faith which did me no favours whatsoever as a child.

The god featured in the Bible is an piece of the proverbial, if it exists and the deeds attributed to it have any truth in them. What sort of psycho would supposedly flood a whole world and kill everything in it apart from that weirdo Noah, his family and a few animals? What sort of pervert would get a young girl pregnant, then have its offspring killed in such an appalling manner to pay for the evil its daddy had created?
You just lost all credibility.

Now, why not go back and answer the questions asked by others?

I bet you don't/can't.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I have nothing against Christians, I used to be one myself, and many who still are make jokes about their religion. Sadly if you start a thread that contains religion, not everybody will agree, and the comments that you see as mocking, most atheists and many other Christians would see as a joke. You cannot expect somebody, who doesn't believe that Jesus existed, to show him respect and I really don't think any comments were intended to upset those who do believe.
If we all showed respect for other people opinions, and didn't oppose them, the majority of threads on this forum would never be started and the forum would be much less popular.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

08-06-2017, 12:23 PM

If you believe in the book of lies and the tyrant god, that's fine. But you can only be offended by comments from atheists if you let them offend you.
To criticise religion is not an offence anymore. Well, at least not in the Western world.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 12:55 PM

I agree with Carol and Shropshiregirl.
None of us know if there is a God or not but should respect those that believe there is.

Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top