Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:21 AM

Yet another despicable (education) cut!!!

The 'nasty party' are now attacking infant schools in rural areas.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...school-7334298
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:25 AM

Re: Yet another despicable (education) cut!!!

Lying worms.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Many schools had to have their kitchens refitted to feed more children, some had to cater for other schools in their area too.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 04:33 PM

Wasn't this one of Nick Clegg's clangers? I can't remember a great deal about it but I do remember that a lot of rural schools had to dip into their existing budgets to set up their compulsory dining for the children. There was no extra money for this. Clegg truly believed that everyone was as rich as the south and that this wouldn't be a problem at all, oh and that money grew on trees !!.
So off he went with his half-cocked grandoise scheme. The man caused untold chaos and hardships to many of these Rural schools.

I don't know what the outcome will be to this but it was a stupid, up-my-own-A... plan of popularity by Clegg that should never have happened in the first place.
Of course, the man who is to blame for this fiasco is now nowhere on the scene to take the flak, is he? oh well, no loss.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 05:49 PM

Hi

Not an issue for us here.

The school is simply getting the food at mates rates.

They are our Grandkids after all.

Sell it to Tesco so they can make a 300% profit, or sell it to the school for the same price Tesco gets?

A complete no brainer.

We have two School Fairs a year for our two Primary Schools, each one raises enough to pay the entire food bill for the year.

Pre School and After School?

Everything paid for by a local businessman.

A little Community Spirit goes a long way.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top