Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:40 AM

Re: The Tarot thread

Ffosse - would you,please, see what the Major Arcana has in store for me today?
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 02:21 PM

If you could please, I also need a card Ffosse.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 04:34 PM

Wondering if people actually know that Tarot Cards simply record various esoteric secrets using symbology? The whole fortune telling nonsense arose around it but it's not what the cards are for.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ffosse - would you,please, see what the Major Arcana has in store for me today?
For you today, The Lovers:

Except for the nudity, the picture of the Lovers Major Arcana Tarot card is quite innocent, maybe even virginal. That's because of the time and culture in which the Tarot deck of cards was created.

Still, the Lovers card is definitely about sex, too. The complete love between two people. Attraction, lust, passion - all the emotions making two persons longing to connect, and then the devotion keeping them together for as long as it lasts.

The Lovers Tarot card is almost parodical in its emphasized innocence. The two lovers are not even holding hands, but remaining apart, forcefully separated by an angelic figure - albeit with red instead of white wings, as a discreet indicator of passion. The Lovers card speaks more of Agape than of Eros, the non-carnal love instead of the lustful one. No sin committed - yet.

Talking about sin, another one than that of the flesh is implied by the apple tree and the serpent on the left side of the Lovers card image. This refers, of course, to Adam and Eve, and the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Knowledge.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:09 AM

And for Adanac: The Six of Pentacles:

A person in the guise of a merchant weighs money in a pair of scales and distributes it to the needy and distressed. It is a testimony to his own success in life, as well as to his goodness of heart.

Divinatory Meanings:
Presents, gifts, gratification another account says attention, vigilance now is the accepted time, present prosperity, etc.

Reversed: Desire, cupidity, envy, jealousy, illusion.

Additional meanings:
The present must not be relied on.

Reversed: A check on the Querent's ambition.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-02-2018, 07:56 PM

I'm not posting in here again.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Maybe it's too much for you Dreamy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 07:36 AM

Thank you for my card, Ffosse. I enjoy reading what comes up for people each day and will be very sorry if you do not post again.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That's a shame as I like reading them ... but thanks Ffosse.
ClarrK
New Member!
Toronto, Canada
ClarrK is male 

23-02-2020, 12:08 PM

Ffosse, does it happen pretty often with you, that your actions are bound to the articles about your zodiac sign predictions?

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top