Join for free
Page 31 of 276 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 09:56 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I hope all goes to plan for you Ffosse...
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 09:59 AM

I'm hoping it's good news for you today Ffosse.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 01:34 PM

I hope the news is good Dreamy.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 05:15 PM

It's not good news: my cancer has turned from Hodgkins lymphoma which was in remission into Non-Hodgkins which is far more serious. Tumours can pop up anywhere and my life will be shortened. It's a cancer that can be treated but not cured, so I have incurable cancer for life. They did say it was fortunate the tumour was around my spinal column rather than inside it. I have a ton of literature to read about but have been warned not to go online too much about it - this I know is good experience.

There are still plenty of things they can do. Firstly, next week getting some bone marrow and starting on a new course of chemotherapy. Lots of hospital visits, overnight stays etc. My immune system will be compromised greatly again and I have to be careful about infections, but I'm determined to enjoy whatever is left. And there are always new treatments popping up, 3 this past year so far I am told.

Luckily I had a couple of good friends to talk to immediately afterwards. Tonight I'm telling my sister, her partner and a few other friends and family. Strangely, I went to Argos and spent a couple of hours mindlessly shopping, buying a few bits and pieces before walking home. I must have walked 7 miles today but needed it. I still visited my hospital friend - he and I have a lot in common and I have a nice tea - meatballs, vegetables and pasta for tonight. Took 2 codeine because my neck was aching.

I don't believe I'm at the denial stage yet. Am booking a visit to Kirriemuir to see J.M. Barrie's house and the Peter Pan museum/place - I had never got round to this before now, but a Spring visit should be lovely.

I want to thank you all for your heartfelt wishes - this thread has been good for me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 05:39 PM

Dreamy I am truly sorry to read this.
I can only pray for you.
This news has made me sad.
I will always be here if you need me.
You have my email.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 05:45 PM

Ffosse, I’m so sorry the results weren’t the ones you were hoping for .... thinking of you.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 06:08 PM

In terms of prognosis I was most interested, as I imagine anyone would be.

The Consultant did say that it wasn't the heavy years of drinking or other aspects of an unhealthy lifestyle that led to this: it could simply happen to anyone, but I am determined to be as disciplined as possible around my remaining health, not being hard on myself but never relaxing too much, and always allowing myself to enjoy moments in life that I might otherwise miss. Drink it all in through a fresh pair of eyes so to speak.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 06:17 PM

Ffosse, I'm so sorry to hear about this mate. It's awful.
They may be right in telling you not to look up things on the internet about your condition, especially on dodgy sites such as Wikipedia. But there are forums which are populated by cancer sufferers who may give you advice as they have been in a similar situation. I know this as my wife had lots of advice from one last year.
Thing is though to not spend too much time on them as it could very well make you depressed.
So I'd say take things easy but try to enjoy life as best as you can bud to take things off your mind if possible.
I wish you well mate
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 06:21 PM

I'm truly sorry it wasn't good news Ffosse. Planning a trip away sounds good. Take care.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

26-02-2018, 08:38 PM

I'm planning - along with whatever they tell me to do - to concentrate a bit more on the spiritual side of life, this being an area I've neglected, what friendship means etc. and maybe getting along to an AA meeting or two. Although I no longer drink, I still have alcoholic friends, more than one, I'm sure who has been through cancer. I need a wider, broader perspective now that I am faced with what I must face.

The past few nights, in bed, I've really enjoyed waking up, just lying there in the dark using my vape for 5 minutes before I get up - I hope to continue this practice before dashing for my clothes because the room has gotten cold. I love waking up.

Page 31 of 276 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top