Join for free
Page 153 of 370 « First < 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 05:27 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

BB forearm rev. curl

Single DB press

Tricep pumps/pushdowns

Bicep pumps/pull-ups

Double bicep cable curls (must get these back into my programme!)

Ab crunch
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 05:29 PM

Legs:

Incline press

Sled ‘horizontal’ press:

Seated ham curls:

Extensions: (not doing these at present)

Adductor & Abductor ("good girls/bad girls")
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-05-2018, 01:41 PM

I’m holding the fort for a while here, so here goes with another thrashing…

When Mrs. Floyd is working at her Tesco job and I’ve had enough of posting albums what do you do? You go to the gym for a workout. My first full legs workout for about three weeks took place today and anticipating a struggle I commenced with my slaughter. In the event I was finding it easy, so I added a lot more reps to get the quickest, most effective 20-minute session done in a long time.

Sunday, 13 May 18: Legs.
(All weights in kgs)

Sled press:
100x100
*A mammoth start to proceedings! Pumping the quads up well for the rest of the workout.

Seated ham curls:
25x40, 20x50, 15x60, 40x30

Adductor:
25x60, 25x60

Abductor:
25x60, 25x60

Incline press:
50x150, 25x200

20mins.

Sounds like nothing doesn’t it? But when you look at it, there’s a lot of weight shifted and I came away feeling strong and refreshed, which is what it’s all about really.

Thanks for reading
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 02:21 PM

Hiya, Floydy!

I'll reply properly here in a bit, but your photos are most informative to those on the forum who might want to try some new exercises but have no idea what you are talking about....

I know you are busy, but you should separate these out into its own thread.

Almost all of these could be done with modifications at home, with as little as one pound weights.

Great post!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-05-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hiya, Floydy!

I'll reply properly here in a bit, but your photos are most informative to those on the forum who might want to try some new exercises but have no idea what you are talking about....

I know you are busy, but you should separate these out into its own thread.

Almost all of these could be done with modifications at home, with as little as one pound weights.

Great post!
Yo Suzie!
Nice to see you back, hope you're fit and well in sunny Florida

Great idea actually to copy those videos. There are a lot of them but I'll get to work on that as soon as I can.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Hi guys

Ive signed myself up for a 5 mile fun run on the 30th June

Im a couch spud

I know I won't get running it, but Im aiming for a very fast walk

I don't know what Im asking tbh, I just want to be able to do it with out killing myself

Im 10lb over weigh, have high BP, Osteoarthritis and Peripheral neuropathy

Advice please, even if its just on a pair of trainers that won't break the bank
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 04:50 PM

How wonderful, Missy! You will feel great just training, and you'll be able to do this!

A few suggestions:

1. Get fitted for the right shoes. The right shoes will not only be comfortable and help your performance - they are critical to ensuring that you aren't injured from improper support, causing you to walk in bad form.

Don't be intimidated by being fitted: Tell the person fitting you what your goals are, how often you will be walking, and any physical issues that might affect your stride.

If you don't have a store near you, let me know and we can talk through some shoe attributes.

Buy good socks.

2. Don't go out there and try a 5K right off the mark. Go out there and walk a comfortable amount at a good pace and then measure your distance and time. This will be your baseline. Each time you go out, try to add a little to the distance and pick up the pace. You might try adding a tenth of a mile each time you go out.

3. Some days just try doing walking sprints in which you try to walk quickly for a minute, and then walk slowly for a minute to give yourself a chance to recover. You might do this a couple of times per weeks. This speed training will build up your overall distance speed.

4. Stretch both before and after you walk. Do a web search for good ideas on this.

5. Take one to two days off per week to recover.

6. The week of the 5K only do a very light walk the two days prior to your event.

7. Listen to your body. There is a difference between muscle soreness - which is typically good, and pain that is injurious - like blisters forming or back trouble.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 05:13 PM

Hi

In response to Surfermom, my exercise bike is an upright one, the left pedal is fixed.

I was at Clinic this morning, I have to be picked up and driven there and back because I cannot drive afterwards.

We have a new Physio/Nurse.

She has very different ideas.

We went for a walk around a local lake, a beautiful sunny day and then sat down for a coffee.

She sure does know how to motivate people.

Next week we are doing walking football, or soccer as you would call it.

I am the fittest of the bunch, but she really is inspirational.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

14-05-2018, 09:59 PM

Swimfeeders, whatever motivates you,or in your case "who," is a good thing!

That's interesting to read about your bike and their ability to immobilize one of the pedals. That alone is worth the trip to your physical therapist. Slow and steady wins the race, and getting strength back in your other leg means you are well on your way to gaining back your overall strength.

Floydy, thanks for the cross posted thread. Now you have something to refer to when people are curious about a particular exercise.

Thanks too for the well-wishes. Strangely enough, I think being fit overall is what enables me to drive the fifteen hours cross country and back.

It feels so good to be home, and I am itching to go run, but pop up thunderstorms are over the area, so I have to wait for them to dissipate so I can put a few miles on my running shoes. Normally running in the rain wouldn't bother me much, but this little cell is grumbling with thunder...and where there is thunder.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

15-05-2018, 04:17 AM

Alrighty.

Two things will inspire one to burst into seven miles of near sprinting:

1. Sitting all day in a car.
2. Being chased by a bear.

Thankfully the Ursidae were nowhere to be found, but all that driving - whew! I just about needed the Jaws of Life to wrench me out of the car after 950 miles, and after a list of errands as long as most children's Christmas lists, I was laced up and read to go at noon.

Even though the rumbling skies didn't settle down until near sunset, I was not going to be dissuaded and spent most of the afternoon pressing my nose against the windows, stretching, looking up to the sky, and checking the radar for the first chance to bolt (bad pun).

At exactly five o'clock I was on the trail savoring the earthy, grassy aromas and the sweet pungent scent of jasmine and honeysuckle. Gosh it felt good to run, and on one of those rare days in which absolutely nothing ached, hurt, or fussed, I opened my stride and ran like a kid Boy...did it feel great!

Thanks to endorphins, or perspective, I had this overwhelming sense of gratitude to still be moving on this planet.

And that is when it happened - as it so often does:

I tripped.

I didn't fall, but in front of a a half dozen young softball players, I stumbled, and in trying to regain my balance, flailed my arms about like a windmill, staggered and teetered on the edge of complete humiliation.

After what felt like twenty minutes and what felt like a half mile, I finally recovered, moving right along like a pro ...never, ever looking back at those teenagers who were probably staring slack-jawed and giggling.

Well, now they have a story to tell...

and I have told mine.

Seven miles and a healthy dose of ego adjustment. Life is good .

Page 153 of 370 « First < 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top