Join for free
Page 161 of 370 « First < 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 11:26 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I don't do any formal training. But I do exercise daily. I walk. Quite a lot. Around ten miles a day. I suppose that's not bad for someone in their seventies.

I did two things when retirement was pending. Got a camera and a dog. They both get me out - in all weathers. And I lost about 10kg.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 10:20 AM

Well I'm back from my hols and I've been around the forum a little since Friday, though I've waited until now to post on this thread, needing something of value to talk about...i.e. I haven't done any training yet.
That will get back into gear this afternoon as I have a new session planned, together with new goals I've been thinking about whilst I've been away.
Talk later, but I'll leave you with a couple of holiday snaps for now:
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:04 AM

Awwww....Nice photos Floydy, and welcome back....
Isn't Amity Island where 'Jaws' was supposed to reside?
That Great White Shark would've hit the jackpot with you Floydy.........Plenty to gnaw on..... Either that, or you would have thrown him out of the water....
Anyway, it's good to see you back......

I've managed to walk and jog round twenty miles this week, culminating in this mornings exceptional effort where I ran about ninety percent, and the further I went, the more flexible I became. I don't normally exercise on consecutive days, but with nice weather yesterday morning I couldn't resist the urge to skip round my five mile route. I expected my piriformis muscle to be painful this morning, and would have been satisfied to just walk, but after the first mile I was surprised to find only slight discomfort and could easily run through the pain. I'll give it another go on Tuesday.....

It's good to see Annie, Cedronella and Besoeker posting on the thread.
All that work will certainly keep you flexible Annie, and you'll have something to show for it at the end....Perhaps when your work is done you might channel your energy into some Yoga....

Always good to see a fellow runner on this thread Cedronella, and when I was a postman it would have been an honour to run with you, despite your red face and unkempt hair.... I hope you enjoyed your Brunch, doesn't running make you hungry.....Don't anyone believe that you lose weight by running......

That's impressive walking Besoeker, although I haven't got a dog, I consider a camera to be amongst the most important accessory to take with you on a long walk....Together with; Raincoat, and Mars Bar....
Do you walk the same route each day Besoeker? Or do you vary your walks? It would be nice to see a photo or two from your excursions, or perhaps a description...Fifty miles a week at seventy is some going, I would have to go back a few years since I was doing those sorts of distances....Keep up the good work......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 01:21 PM

Yes, I thought I was looking at a different thread when I tuned back in here yesterday. New people posting which is great but I was wondering if it’s because I was away!...anyway, it's great to be back. Tenerife was lovely and we had a nice, relaxing time. I did a lot of walking but no other exercise except a brief swim in the pool

Bob – great to see that you especially are getting back into the swing of things again mate. Like the postie pic too!
That shark would try to bite into me and break its teeth!! Oh, and in my avatar I’m actually wearing another Jaws-related t-shirt “Quint’s Shark Fishing Excursions”, although my crossed arms cover the design. My all-time favourite film, incidentally.
And Suzie – you seem to have had a great time too. Love the pic of the island there

A very quick jaunt to the gym today because the weather’s so nice and I’ll catch up properly at the gym tomorrow. For what it’s worth, here’s my very brief routine from today’s effort:

Sunday, 10 June ‘18: Quick catch-up:
(All weights in kgs)

Machine arm curls:
25x25

DB press:
16x22

Smith shoulder press (upright bench):
12x30, 6x40, 6x40

Smith flat bench press:
25x20, 10x50, 6x60

Lat pulldown, underarm:
25x40, 12x60, 6x70

Seated row:
25x41

Chest press:
25x40

Time 30 mins.

That’s a start anyway.
I mentioned earlier about some new goals, and the main one is to lose some weight off of my belly. I’m not especially bloated as the pics show above and my abs are strong underneath, but I’m going to try to trim down a little and that will mostly consist of reviewing my night time pack-up contents. From when I go back all I will be taking with me will be two wraps (chicken or tuna) and drinking a couple of small espressos. Nothing else. No biscuits, crisps, snacks, yohurt, fruit. Nothing. A mug of tea when I get home in the morning with cereal, that’s it.

Training-wise, I’ll still be doing my usual four days per week, but these should be more rigidly fixed from now on. The plan is to stay as lean and as fit as possible and also retaining my form too until it comes to the inevitable age vs. muscle scenario, i.e. naturally wasting away, which will be nothing short of a harrowing thing to witness.

To note my weight, as of today I tip the scales at 16st.12lbs, a shade under 17 stones. I am of muscular build but I’m thinking I can still get my weight down to under 16.5 stone which should see any excess fat lost. Anything less than 16 stone and I’ll be worried though.

Here’s the plan for each day:

Monday
1-hour session which will include moderate weights plus some high reps training.

Tuesday
Rest day. School run.

Wednesday
As Monday but using different exercises, which gives the previous body parts time to relax.

Thursday
Rest day.

Friday
My intensive session – heavy weights, but with even greater weights like I used to do just to see if I can still push myself in that direction. That will increase size again, but I’ll be doing lots of high reps too which will keep the bulk or ‘mass’ down and keep me lean.
I have the school run, but I can train afterwards.

Saturday
A planned rest day after Friday’s heavy work, but I may try to fit in a little cardio work, perhaps three short 10-minute blasts using the treadmill, cross-trainer and rowing machines. My usual social Saturday afternoon out too, but I'll keep an eye on the beer!

Sunday
Legs. There will be some brief leg training on my two ‘moderate’ days, although that will just be a quick burst on the sled press to keep the knees active. Otherwise, today will be my usual five exercises, but adding some weight occasionally too.

So those are the plans. At least four times per week with a mixture of high and low weight, fast and slow routines. Coupled with a revised diet, fingers crossed we’ll see some changes for the better.

Thanks for reading
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 01:41 PM

Lovely pictures Floydy and Foxy!

Good for you getting motivated so quickly Floydy.
I'm supplementing my swims with long power walks now too
My legs have never been so strong!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-06-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Lovely pictures Floydy and Foxy!

Good for you getting motivated so quickly Floydy.
I'm supplementing my swims with long power walks now too
My legs have never been so strong!
Well done, Rhian...just saw your lovely legs in the pic about clothing colours. Great to see you're exercising regularly
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well done, Rhian...just saw your lovely legs in the pic about clothing colours. Great to see you're exercising regularly
Thanks
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 06:57 PM

I went swimming this morning, I did 15 minutes swim then 45 minutes aqua aerobics which was great fun. I'm about to go on a walk right now with my dog, I'm aiming for the 10,000 steps, I've got an app but I don't know if its accurate enough so I/m going to buy a fitbit when I can afford one. I'd count my steps myself but I keep losing track!

Great pics Floydy
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-06-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I went swimming this morning, I did 15 minutes swim then 45 minutes aqua aerobics which was great fun. I'm about to go on a walk right now with my dog, I'm aiming for the 10,000 steps, I've got an app but I don't know if its accurate enough so I/m going to buy a fitbit when I can afford one. I'd count my steps myself but I keep losing track!

Great pics Floydy
Thanks Lion Queen Fifteen minutes swim is about all I did on my whole holiday lol

How far is 10,000 steps roughly?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Lion Queen Fifteen minutes swim is about all I did on my whole holiday lol

How far is 10,000 steps roughly?
I did just over 5,000 just now with the dog and it took me 45 minutes and according to my app it said I had walked 3.71km. I haven't reached anywhere near the 10,000, oh well, there is always tomorrow

Page 161 of 370 « First < 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top