Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:14 AM

UK terror threat: Isis threaten doomsday attack that will 'turn children's hair white

I will probably be accused of "scaremongering" but this appears to be all over the newspapers this morning. Should we take these threats seriously or should we ignore?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-terror-...124838899.html

Islamic State (Isis) terrorists have warned the UK of a "Doomsday attack" that will eclipse the brutal Paris killings and turn "children's hair white". Despite the numerous warnings by Isis (Daesh) that they are planning to attack the UK, most recently in a gruesome beheading video believed to have starred British extremist Siddhartha Dhar, this is the "most menacing yet" according to experts.

The new threat was made in its latest edition of the extremists, Arabic language newspaper, al-Naba (the News) and comes as the group published a new execution video on the internet on 30 January which featured threats to attack Western nations, particularly Spain. The IS extremists want Spain to "pay dearly" for having crushed Muslim rule in Andalusia which lasted from 711 to 1492.

The article, which eulogises Mohammed Emwazi, dubbed "Jihadi John", who was killed by a US reaper drone strike, warned that the UK will receive the "lion's share" of punishment dished out by the terrorists. The new warnings have sparked frenzied searches by MI5 for terrorist cells hiding in the UK.

The new attack on Britain will be so severe, IS claims, "that it will turn children's hair to white" said the Sunday Times. The warning is said to refer to a verse in the Koran telling of the horrors expected on Judgement Day.

According to UK security forces around 50 "high-risk" fighters are said to be under close surveillance by MI5 with phone taps and travel restrictions after returning from fighting in Syria. In total, an estimated 450 British Muslims who travelled to Syria and Iraq to fight with jihadists have returned home

In a video released last week nine of the Paris attackers, including ringleader Abdelhamid Abaaoud, threatened Great Britain. Abaaoud, 28, is believed to have travelled to London ahead of the Paris attacks after UK landmarks were found on his phone.

In the video Abaaoud says: "By Allah, we will come to you. Rather, we are already in your lands. We will slaughter you inside your homes." Which could be construed as an existing cell conducting operations inside the UK.

Last week Shiraz Maher, of the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation at King's College London, wrote in the New Statesman magazine: "This is not the first time that Isis has appeared to threaten Britain, but it is the most pointed and menacing warning yet."

The Metropolitan Police reacted to the possibility of an imminent terror threat to the nation's capital by saying: "We want the public to be alert, not alarmed. The current threat level across the UK from international terrorism remains at severe, meaning an attack is highly likely.

"UK police and security and intelligence services are working tirelessly to confront this terrorist threat and keep the public safe."
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:22 AM

Re: UK terror threat: Isis threaten doomsday attack that will 'turn children's hair white

Doesn't surprise me, I've been saying for years that we have no idea how many terrorists are living among us just waiting for orders.
We've been far too lax for far too long.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:35 AM

Re: UK terror threat: Isis threaten doomsday attack that will 'turn children's hair white

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Doesn't surprise me, I've been saying for years that we have no idea how many terrorists are living among us just waiting for orders.
We've been far too lax for far too long.
I agree with you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:41 AM

The Metropolitan Police reacted to the possibility of an imminent terror threat to the nation's capital by saying: "We want the public to be alert, not alarmed. The current threat level across the UK from international terrorism remains at severe, meaning an attack is highly likely.
I don't think anyone is under any illusions, there almost certainly will be a terror attack here at some time.

Am I scared, not at all. Neither was I scared of the IRA.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 11:10 AM

What does it profit an organisation to carry out such attacks?

The cynic in me suggests that this is all propaganda to instil fear into the nation (underpinned by a few isolated "terrorist" attacks) so that we will welcome ID tagging with open arms. We will be bagged and tagged and have no privacy whatsoever. This is just their way of changing our mindsets to accept it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 11:50 AM

I agree Realist, what better way to build up our hatred of Terrorists and especially Muslims. It worked well to allow us to bomb Syria, when the decision was thrown out just months earlier.
There's no need to have referendums they can be won or lost with stealth. I wonder how we will be further manipulated to stay in the EU.
This is all possible through the media. Who needs nuclear weapons. 'The pen is mightier than the sword' even more so now we have 24 hour news and the internet.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 11:51 AM

Oh well what can you say. The line that they are going to get the
Spanish because they chased the Muslims out in 710 show to me
the pathetic nature of these people and their thoughts.

Are we supposed to attack the Vikings because of their raiding
and pillaging. No. We learnt to live with them and they
blended in with us. No religion but Christianity was in this
country in those days.

I am not saying that everyone has to be a Christian but as we
in the modern world have forgotten what happened over
a thousand years ago then its about time the daesh did.

My other observance of this crowd is if they are going to get
the Spanish for something that started in 710 ad why are
they knocking down and blowing up all these fabulous temples
and monuments in the middle east that have stood for
over 1000 years. What did they do to the muslims seeing
they have taken to bring these things up.

Confusing to me. Wont frighten me I will still continue being
me whether they like it or not.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

03-02-2016, 11:56 AM

Isolated terrorist attacks kill and maim people, those people have families and people who love them. What do you expect them to think? You think they will just shrug their shoulders and say "oh it's just an isolated terrorist attack?"
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

03-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Oh well what can you say. The line that they are going to get the
Spanish because they chased the Muslims out in 710 show to me
the pathetic nature of these people and their thoughts.

Are we supposed to attack the Vikings because of their raiding
and pillaging. No. We learnt to live with them and they
blended in with us. No religion but Christianity was in this
country in those days.

I am not saying that everyone has to be a Christian but as we
in the modern world have forgotten what happened over
a thousand years ago then its about time the daesh did.

My other observance of this crowd is if they are going to get
the Spanish for something that started in 710 ad why are
they knocking down and blowing up all these fabulous temples
and monuments in the middle east that have stood for
over 1000 years. What did they do to the muslims seeing
they have taken to bring these things up.

Confusing to me. Wont frighten me I will still continue being
me whether they like it or not.
Too true BowieEyes. I can't say that it frightens me either, what does frighten me is the thought that someone I know, friend or family could get killed or injured. I've spent too many years worrying about my own son during his army years and to be honest, I was actually glad that his last injury meant he couldn't do active service any more.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 12:33 PM

How any terrorist can think they can frighten a country which has been through two world wars and countless skirmishes in foreign countries, will be intimidated by threats like these I can't imagine.
There are still people alive today in the UK, who have seen more horror and more of mans inhumanity to man than these people have ever dreamed of. We don't frighten easily. Any threat of this kind just stiffens the country's resolve.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top