Join for free
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 07:33 PM

Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 2)

P.C. Blobby.

A modern day policeman took his turn to bat
The bowler couldn’t see the wicket cos the copper was too fat
So off he went thinking he'd be better in the field
The policeman took three paces, then over he keeled
Away on a stretcher, no he wasn’t faking
To the cardiac unit if I’m not mistaken
His poor wife she took it very hard
Said he never exercised and carried too much lard
Now he’s out he’ll change his ways of course
I suppose he’ll have to cos they kicked him off the force.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 10:17 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 2)

Reading about some cannabis growers on Lambay Island just outside Dublin Bay, Lambay is a Sanctuary for hundreds of thousands of sea birds. It seems the growers got tipped off a Police search of the island was about to happen and they set fire to the crop, the search went ahead anyway, I believe not a Tern was left unstoned. Good God Eeees terrible!.
My old friend and former workmate Castro Vernandes from Spain used to say that when I told him a joke, he would just look at me without the slightest sign of a smile and say ‘Eeees terrible’ but his expression was worth the effort of telling the terrible jokes, his face never failed to make me laugh. He was a real nice fella, the boss tempted him over from Spain with a very attractive contract, he was a brilliant diamond setter (that’s someone who sets diamonds in rings, brooches, pendants etc. not a very expensive dog) Castro fell for a Dublin girl, married her and raised his family here, never went back to Spain after his mother died in 1990, he’s retired now like meself, but he still drops in to my local every couple of months and the first thing he says when he sees me is ‘Eeees terrible Jem” with a huge smile on his kisser.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 10:45 PM

It has been a serious day today, lets hope this state does not become a series.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Reading about some cannabis growers on Lambay Island just outside Dublin Bay, Lambay is a Sanctuary for hundreds of thousands of sea birds. It seems the growers got tipped off a Police search of the island was about to happen and they set fire to the crop, the search went ahead anyway, I believe not a Tern was left unstoned. Good God Eeees terrible!.
My old friend and former workmate Castro Vernandes from Spain used to say that when I told him a joke, he would just look at me without the slightest sign of a smile and say ‘Eeees terrible’ but his expression was worth the effort of telling the terrible jokes, his face never failed to make me laugh. He was a real nice fella, the boss tempted him over from Spain with a very attractive contract, he was a brilliant diamond setter (that’s someone who sets diamonds in rings, brooches, pendants etc. not a very expensive dog) Castro fell for a Dublin girl, married her and raised his family here, never went back to Spain after his mother died in 1990, he’s retired now like meself, but he still drops in to my local every couple of months and the first thing he says when he sees me is ‘Eeees terrible Jem” with a huge smile on his kisser.
nice to hear a good bipartisan european EU story!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 06:30 AM

I hate missed opportunities, I could have been retired now in the lap of luxury, if I had followed up my business idea, selling Gaffer Tape to the Boffins at the LHC.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 08:17 AM

You guys are on top form, I look forward to each new days crop of gems
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 09:20 AM

Is it strange how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how strange it is?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 04:48 PM

A Man, A Plan, A Canal – .

Not original mebbe, but I'm short of ideas atmo
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-06-2015, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
A Man, A Plan, A Canal – .

Not original mebbe, but I'm short of ideas atmo

You’ll never run out of idea’s RJ, the very fact that you think you have is proof in itself, you see a blank wall in your mind, then you begin to wonder what’s behind it, (Your Green Door perhaps?) it could be anything your imagination lets it be, and then you’re off again, what a wonderful tool the human brain is, if it’s not a divine soul in itself then I’ll eat my hat.
I have often considered how I would spend fifteen years in solitary confinement, say like Steve McQueen in Papillon?, or the old prisoner in The count of Monte Christo nothing to read or watch only your own mind for amusement, quite challenging don’t you think, it would take a good strong mind to come out of it sane, you wouldn’t want to be the type who gets bored easily would you?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 08:31 PM

I've been asked to let out my mate's trousers for his wedding suit.
He rang me today to ask how I'm doing,as the wedding's this w/e.

I told him I've been making huge strides......

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top