Join for free
Page 89 of 1676 « First < 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 589 1089 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 08:07 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

.Friends, romance & county men it’s a far far better thing I do.
I too have no way of knowing what's next. I am chuffed to be considered absurd & even abstract. Pug, don't take on so, it was only a caring comment about the A which should have been an O. I confess I Cut & Pasted the darn word to ensure its accuracy.

I have learned, in my 68 years, that it is better to be ridiculed, marginalised, disliked et al, than it is to be ignored.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
excellent RJ in a strange and bizzare way I think you are back on form - but what form it may take who knows?
RJ may have had an Edgar Allen Poe moment with that one Gumbud. I think we all have feelings based on some characters we read about or knew in our lives, I know I do.
I admire the TV presenter David Attenborough and watched everything he presented on TV, one evening out of the blue I strolled into the kitchen to where the missus was busy and started to flap my arms and narrate in a perfect Attenborough voice, an account of the Blue Brazillan swamp Birds mating dance, we were both stunned by this. She always said she loved David’s sexy voice so she downed kitchen tools and dragged me up to bed, I might have enjoyed it if she hadn’t kept me talking about Gorillas all night.

When my Dad volunteered to be test pilot for new TB drugs back in the 1950’s (he was so sick he would try anything new if there was a chance it might work) he told me many years later that he enjoyed the experiences very much, he was a very well read man and under the influence of these legal substances he could be anyone he liked, goody or baddy. Anyway they did him no harm because he went on to live to be 94.
I think I’ll be Batman tonight.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 08:00 PM

I am posting this comment here as Gummy has responded to a post on greyhound racing in NZ (banning of) on another thread, & I have something to say which would require me explaining about my 2 uncles Robert(Bob) my namesake, along with that other rascally character known on this thread as uncle Vivian.
Oops door, more later.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 10:12 PM

Turkish Delight was full of Eastern Promise, one day I will visit Hunstanton, I promise.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

07-09-2016, 11:59 PM

It seems to me that the cliffs are unique
I googled "Hunston" and had a peek
With a town of just four thousand
THey can't pay the cost of the plans and
Sooner or later it'll all fall into the sea
OH what a wailing & crying there'll be.
Please help, just a bit if you can
lighten the load on our SPitty the man.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I am posting this comment here as Gummy has responded to a post on greyhound racing in NZ (banning of) on another thread, & I have something to say which would require me explaining about my 2 uncles Robert(Bob) my namesake, along with that other rascally character known on this thread as uncle Vivian.
Oops door, more later.
I do believe it was OZ not NZ - there is a slight difference in size and pride!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Turkish Delight was full of Eastern Promise, one day I will visit Hunstanton, I promise.
It wasn’t the turk in de light that gave her a fright
But the east in the urn that he promised her!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

08-09-2016, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I do believe it was OZ not NZ - there is a slight difference in size and pride!!
Well, rattle ma dags
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 11:43 AM

Looks like we’re all being inspected
Lined up and corrected
You spelt it wrong when you typed that word
What does it matter when it’s all absurd?
My education was a total disaster
I never listened to the schoolmaster
Slapped for this and whacked for that
I can’t spell Dog and I can’t spell Cat
So let there be no spelling hounds
Just type the word as it sounds
And please bury all the literary quibbling
After all we’re only Leisurely scribbling.

All together now “If your happy and you know it clap your hands”
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

08-09-2016, 06:41 PM

So sorry if I've caused offence
What Jem says makes a lot of sense
I blame it on my medication
Giving me ideas above my station

Believe it or not
This is my favourite spot
I rely on you guys for inspiration
I'm not here for manipulation

If I go off all peculiar
Or act as if my brain is not clear
leave me be to sort me out
While I rant & pose & pout.

Page 89 of 1676 « First < 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 589 1089 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top