Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 11:17 AM

Re: Thank God For Piers Morgan - The Voice of Reason!

I will not watch anything where Piers Morgan appears, the man is a liar as proven during the Leveson phone hacking enquiry. I can honestly say that I have never seen the TV programme in question and have better things to do with my time, even if it is Candy Crush.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Ok,I rarely watch morning TV as I prefer the radio...so what has PM said recently which merits His 'voice of reason' to be on the Politics Thread?
E.G. he doesn't see anything wrong in calling girls, girls. As in she goes to a "girls' school". And he disputes the idea that Kim Kardashian and that model who was pictured writhing around provocatively almost naked with spaghetti pouring onto her face while slurping it suggestively was making a stand for feminism.

But simply titillating for money. Not that he has anything against titillation, it's just the bullshit claims made for their reasons.

Susanna Reid of course strenuously disagrees and seems to think they are the new Emily Pankhurst.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 11:23 AM

Piers Morgan?

He's a bit like an unwanted present.... we gave him to America and they gave him back.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
E.G. he doesn't see anything wrong in calling girls, girls. As in she goes to a "girls' school". And he disputes the idea that Kim Kardashian and that model who was pictured writhing around provocatively almost naked with spaghetti pouring onto her face while slurping it suggestively was making a stand for feminism.

But simply titillating for money. Not that he has anything against titillation, it's just the bullshit claims made for their reasons.

Susanna Reid of course strenuously disagrees and seems to think they are the new Emily Pankhurst.
Thanks for the explanation..I may just turn on the tv one morning to see for Myself...mibbe! ...still don't see what it's got to do with politics though.
ChrisSamsDad
New Member!
Eccles, UK
ChrisSamsDad is male 

21-12-2017, 11:35 AM

He's not playing 'Devil's Advocate' - he's just stirring up controversy - he's only there to be unpleasant and vile, for people who like that sort of thing. This ridiculous attitude that 'Political Correctness is ruining the world' really annoys me. Political and 'Polite' come from the same route, another less irritating way of describing the way people don't use offensive words is 'Politeness'.
You don't hear people saying 'It's politeness gone mad - you can't even call someone awful names nowadays without people complaining' - because they'd sound very stupid.

The people complaining about political correctness are harking back to a dreadful time when gay people were called a whole swathe of really offensive names, racism was so normal you had 'comedians' like Bernard Manning on primetime TV and 'Blacks and Irish' not welcome signs on hotels and houses to rent. You can't say those kind of things today, not because of a crowd of left-wing feminazis taking over society, but because we've become more sensitive and well nice. You're complaining about people being polite and nice!

Piers Morgan is ignorant and vile and I'm happy not to watch a programme he's on.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 11:38 AM

Thanks for the explanation..I may just turn on the tv one morning to see for Myself...mibbe! ...still don't see what it's got to do with politics though.
He's gone on his hols again and only does Mon - Wed. Be smart, do what I do: record it each morning then chunk your way through for the good stuff.

I've just found that one tucked away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qidcCqfrMI
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Ok,what I saw is a gobshite who constantly talked over the Woman,(don't know Her Name)...I have been a Feminist for many many years,but I've never tried the spaghetti thing ...I don't think He really likes Women...maybe He's afraid of Us
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Piers Morgan?

He's a bit like an unwanted present.... we gave him to America and they gave him back.
And your welcome.
Gravitas
North England

21-12-2017, 10:01 PM

Ok,what I saw is a gobshite who constantly talked over the Woman,(don't know Her Name)...I have been a Feminist for many many years,but I've never tried the spaghetti thing ...I don't think He really likes Women...maybe He's afraid of Us
Nah, he just won't have women talking bullshit to his viewers without challenging them on the idiotic drivel they persist in promoting.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

21-12-2017, 11:53 PM

..Sorry,I won't take Your advice to watch or record this show when He's on talking bullshit...I'm smart Ye see...so don't bother replying as I won't bother reading Your sexist drivel either...join the 21st Century ol' Boy..this aint the 1950s though I'm sure You wish it still was..bye bye

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top