Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 02:29 PM

Re: Dacia Duster.

no good listening to that lot up there - they're smitten!! seek out a handful of existing owners and get their honest opinions NOT wot ya hubbie wants necessarily.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
no good listening to that lot up there - they're smitten!! seek out a handful of existing owners and get their honest opinions NOT wot ya hubbie wants necessarily.
It's not for OH, it's for me - I do the driving. There is a new Ford EcoSport just out which I think I would probably prefer. It is a lot more expensive, but it still comes in at a couple of thousand pounds under £20,000.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 06:51 PM

Hi Aeolor.
The Duster is totally different from your Golf. You are going from a small sedan to a small SUV. You'll be sitting a lot higher and the Duster will be higher from ground clearance and wider. One thing I found unusual from my driving experience is the electronic steering. It's feather light and feels nice to drive. It won't handle like a Golf but for it's size you can't expect it. The best way's to take one for a test drive.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 07:26 PM

I see there's another updated model coming out in July with alterations to body style, improved, cleaner and more efficient diesels , and better interior trim and gadgets. Tempting......
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 07:29 PM

I drive a Honda CRV I like SUVs been driving them for the last 20 years and wouldn't drive anything else now -it gets my dog and all sorts of stuff in and its totally reliable .
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see there's another updated model coming out in July with alterations to body style, improved, cleaner and more efficient diesels , and better interior trim and gadgets. Tempting......
That's the model we've ordered Judd. I think in the UK you only get two choices of motors (don't quote me). I know here there will be new motor options after 01.09. Again, don't quote me.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

10-06-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I drive a Honda CRV I like SUVs been driving them for the last 20 years and wouldn't drive anything else now -it gets my dog and all sorts of stuff in and its totally reliable .
Nice car. I think Honda was one of the first to really get the compact SUV together with comfort. I used to drive a Toyota FJ45. It was a bit like driving a park bench.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Hi Aeolor.
The Duster is totally different from your Golf. You are going from a small sedan to a small SUV. You'll be sitting a lot higher and the Duster will be higher from ground clearance and wider. One thing I found unusual from my driving experience is the electronic steering. It's feather light and feels nice to drive. It won't handle like a Golf but for it's size you can't expect it. The best way's to take one for a test drive.
Thanks Kev. The height is one thing that I am not sure about. Being only 5' tall I usually find it a bit awkward to climb in and jump out of my daughters car. She has a Tiguan, which I assume is a lot bigger than a Duster. I am going to try both the Duster and the new Ford and see how I get on.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

10-06-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Thanks Kev. The height is one thing that I am not sure about. Being only 5' tall I usually find it a bit awkward to climb in and jump out of my daughters car. She has a Tiguan, which I assume is a lot bigger than a Duster. I am going to try both the Duster and the new Ford and see how I get on.
I'm 5,7 and my wife is 5,8 and we only test drove the Duster but we both agreed it was comfortable to get in and out of.

Actually we test drove three of them.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
I'm 5,7 and my wife is 5,8 and we only test drove the Duster but we both agreed it was comfortable to get in and out of.

Actually we test drove three of them.
At once?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top