Join for free
Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 10:28 PM

Re: My Mups

Your cat is an incredible age Summer, well done you for keeping well for so long.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:39 AM

A few years ago there was an old compost heap at the bottom of our garden and Pippa was a devil for licking the black stuff that oozed out at the bottom. It would seem that dogs just have the most strange habits. The compost heap went some time ago when the tree-come hedge that hid it from view had to be removed.
By the way yesterday she found a dead frog in the garden and tried to eat that but it was too dried out. Next door have got a pond. There really is no account of their taste choices.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 05:25 PM

How’s Mupsy?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 05:29 PM

She seems well Bratti.
Eating and drinking normally so far, and doing all the funny little things Mups does.
I find it hard to believe there is anything wrong even.

She is sleeping quite a lot, but she has always much quieter than the others.
Thank was kind of you to ask about her - thank you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 05:33 PM

I’m so glad to read this.
It seems most dogs sleep a lot.
This is good that Mupsy is acting Mupish.
All is good in Mups world
And. My pleasure. I live for my girls so can relate
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 08:12 PM

Hi Mups how is little Mups doing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-06-2018, 08:26 PM

Well, funny you should say that Meg.

Mini Mups seems fine still - BUT, not sure about Izzy now.
Iz & young Nellie went in for a bit of tartar removal last week, and because Iz is turned 8 now, I opted for the pre-anaesthetic blood test first.

Turned out, her red cell count is high also!! Not as high as Mups, but still higher than it should be, and Iz is another one who always seems fit, well and happy.
He ended up checking Nellie as well then, but she is fine.

I was a member of the Natiional Bedlington club for many years, and it is only this year I have let my subs go, but I remembered they have a section on their website on known Bedlington health problems.
There is a Dr. at Liverpool University who has been researching disorders in Beddies since the early 80's and has done many write-ups and updates for the club.
So yesterday I started wading through it, and have sent copies of some of her seminar notes to my vet now. There is also a lady at the Animal Health trust in Newmarket, who has been working closely with her too.

My vet has found this of some interest, and over the next few days he said he will see if he can get in touch with the lady at Liverpool himself. He is baffled.

Incidentally, Izzy and Mups are not related.
Also I had all my dogs DNA'd and health tested as puppies, and made sure their parents and grandparents before them were all clear on their hereditary liver tests too.

Weird.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

18-06-2018, 10:31 PM

I hope they are both ok. It is interesting that certain breeds can be more susceptible to certain genetic disorders. One of our dogs became diabetic and it wasn’t until after the fact that we discovered that schnauzers are susceptible to diabetes. I’m sure you are doing everything you can for your dogs. Wishing you the best Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-06-2018, 10:38 PM

Thanks very much Bratti.
It certainly is a mystery at the moment, especially as they both seem well.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 05:26 AM

Mups I may have found a cure for the low platelet count...........Strawberries

After all, Nellie seem fine and who gets to eat all the strawberries at your house?

Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top