Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 12:02 AM

Re: My Mups

Thanks very much Bratti, kind of you to think of her.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 12:04 AM

Aw Mups what a worry for you. I am so sorry *hugs* to both of you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 01:17 AM

Thanks Meg.

I've been doing some research tonight, and from how he described these test results to me, it sounds a lot like this condition to me: Myelodysplasia (or Myelodesplastic Syndrome).
I'd never heard of it before, but I having been reading that with this condition it makes the bone marrow send out immature red blood cells, exactly like he described. It's like it's a kind of Leukaemia.
I have sent him an email with the link about it, it's just a bugger he's away for a week now.
She is booked to go in on Tues 29th unless she is gets worse beforehand of course.

Anyway, she seems quite happy tonight so that is good to see. I've just bathed her sore foot again, and now we're off to bed at last.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 01:26 AM

With a doggie mom like you I’m sure she’s in the best hands. You’ll research everything.

I’m glad she’s settled and seems quite happy.

Sleep tight!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 06:54 AM

Hi

You are elderly and you have five dogs, one a mere puppy.

You could have an event anytime.

What provisions have you made for your dogs to be looked after?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 07:03 AM

Aww Mups, try not to worry too much about your Mups this coming week. Spend some quality time with her as you always do I'm sure. Give her a hug from me xx
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 07:08 AM

Hi Mups..being a pet owner myself I know how worried you must be and I do sympathise.

Just a thought here though I have a very elderly cat ( she is 22) and my vet has identified lots of problems with her healthwise but I decided not to pursue treatment because I know she has a good quality of life she isn't in pain and to be honest i didn't want her to have the trauma of treatments.

She has a lovely life and of course the inevitable will happen one day...but right now she is happy with her lot....something to consider for little Mups
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hi Mups..being a pet owner myself I know how worried you must be and I do sympathise.

Just a thought here though I have e a very elderly cat ( she is 22) and my vet has identified lots of problems with her healthwise but I decided not to pursue treatment because I know she has a good quality of life she isn't in pain and to be honest i didn't want her to have the trauma of treatments.

She has a lovely life and of course the inevitable will happen one day...but right now she is happy with her lot....something to consider for little Mups
I wholeheartedly agree with you summer, best thing to do.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 08:21 AM

I'm sorry to hear this Mups, I've been in similar positions myself with various animals over the years.

There's nothing I can say or do to make it better, I wish I could.

Best of luck with it all, keep us updated.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 08:24 AM

Worrying times Mups, but you are doing all you can for her.let us hope for a positive outcome for her.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top