Join for free
Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:25 PM

Re: Home Gardens

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My garden has been devastated by the heavy rainfalls we have had down here in Wetshire .
Such a shame. Why does nature do that? We have been lucky here in SW, although had storms, no plants were damaged.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Such a shame. Why does nature do that? We have been lucky here in SW, although had storms, no plants were damaged.

I think the storms are forecast here again overnight tonight.
I do hope they are wrong.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
What a lovely thread! Really enjoyed peeping at all the lovely gardens..... gorgeous, puts me to shame! Mine does seems to be lacking somewhat

If I can get my act together sometime, I'll try and post mine.

Without going back and checking on who's garden is whose (is that English?) - I LOVE the little pathways and nooks and cranny areas.
I'd love to do that, but I can't. I'd be feared to death of going down them for fear of walking into spiders webs

This is for Nichol.... when I was looking at one of your piccies, I was drawn to your tramp sat gazing into the distance with his butty on the seat. It's Mr Mortimer!!

(Bear with me) We inherited one many moons ago in a house we moved into. We called him Mr Mortimer My daughter as a child would paint him ever year and position him with her teddies and dolls for a Tparty. I've still got him, now totally scruffy and weather beaten though.

First time I've seen another one. Made me smile

(hope you don't mind, I've pinched the piccie to show him):
Hi Pesta, I have quite a few of those garden ornament type things, they all used to belong to my Dad. He gave them to me in around....2000 I think, when he could no longer keep up with his own garden. My Mum used to paint them. They sat in my garden, mostly forgotten about, until the summer of 2016 when I decided to give the garden a re-vamp. I brought them all inside, cleaned them up and repainted them.

There used to be a similar model to the tramp but it was an old woman. It got stolen from the front garden shortly after I put it out there
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 06:25 AM

Pauline I love your garden... it has that come and explore look...so many plants
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 06:29 AM

Talking of garden ornaments I dug up an oriental looking one in the garden the other day I'm in bed on my iphone right now but I will take a pic of it later it's quite pretty
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I am in the SW
Wetshire !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 07:14 AM

Hi

As I am moving I have not planted out my raised beds or any annuals

It is strange not having home grown veg this year.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 07:47 AM

You can have raised beds in your new place Swims !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am in the SW
Wetshire !
Odd isn't it. The storms have been really random as has the flooding.

Do you think your garden will suffer permanent damage or are you hopeful it will recover?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-06-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm in bed on my iphone right now but I will take a pic of it later it's quite pretty

Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top