Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 02:29 PM

Re: nuclear summit in singapore

Hi

If he pulls it off, great any thing which reduces the likelihood of war is good.

In spite of some very aggressive comments , Trump knows full well he cannot bomb North Korea into submission, Kim's Nukes are in granite right up against the Chinese and Russian Borders.

There would be fallout affecting both China and Russia and they would retaliate.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:07 PM

If the Singapore meeting ends with a denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, then the world can breathe a sigh of relief.

Trump must be given credit for trying, when weak U.S. Presidents like O'Bama wet their pants in the face of threats.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
If the Singapore meeting ends with a denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, then the world can breathe a sigh of relief.

Trump must be given credit for trying, when weak U.S. Presidents like O'Bama wet their pants in the face of threats.
I agree.

I can't see why people try to demean him over this or say it's a waste of time. At least he's trying.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:18 PM

Trump must be given credit for trying, when weak U.S. Presidents like Obama wet their pants in the face of threats.
Fixed that for you ..
Will the Donald be in the running for a Nobel Peace Prize I wonder.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 03:07 PM

I always wondered why Obama - and I think he was a good man -got the Nobel Peace Prize before he had done anything ?
However he did give it all to charity do they all do that ?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 03:17 PM

It’s an attendance only award, if Al Gore can get one then why not Obama?
Toorbulite
Australia
Toorbulite is male 

20-06-2018, 03:31 PM

If the meeting results in denuclearization, I'll give a party for the Red Cross and shout every 050 member a trip around the world.

Everybody knows that's not going to happen.
And frankly, If I were North Korean, I'd be a bit reluctant too - given the USA's history of aggression.

I don't believe O'Bama was 'wet' - just realistic.
Trumps ็hest-thumping will achieve nothing - except perhaps an escalation.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

20-06-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Toorbulite ->
If the meeting results in denuclearization, I'll give a party for the Red Cross and shout every 050 member a trip around the world.

Everybody knows that's not going to happen.
And frankly, If I were North Korean, I'd be a bit reluctant too - given the USA's history of aggression.

I don't believe O'Bama was 'wet' - just realistic.
Trumps ็hest-thumping will achieve nothing - except perhaps an escalation.
There are no North Koreans to be reluctant, there is only Kim, he decides the mood of the state
Toorbulite
Australia
Toorbulite is male 

20-06-2018, 03:45 PM

Even so, I repeat.
"If I were North Korean, I'd be a bit reluctant too - given the USA's history of aggression".

Ponder. Take away all the nukes and what do you think would happen ?
A benign, benevolent USA springing to their aid, somehow creating
democracy, civil rights, free trade etc etc etc ???
Yeah right, it's worked so well elsewhere.

Not saying that the North Koreans having nukes is a good thing - but it is their only bargaining chip which they are not going to give up easily.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 06:14 PM

It would probably work better than they have at present a starving oppressed disenfranchised people .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top