Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:41 AM

Spotted Dick & Bread and Butter Pudding& Jam Roly Poly

These are not heard off much nowadays but i love them do people still make these or do they buy them already made?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:45 AM

Re: Spotted Dick & Bread and Butter Pudding& Jam Roly Poly

I hate bread and butter pudding and spotted dick, my worst nightmare a horrid reminder of school ...

But I do make steamed sponge pudding (fruit/chocolate/ treacle) and fruit filled suet puddings .
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:46 AM

I still make spotted dick and I like syrup poured on before adding the custard. Makes it absolutely yummy.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:01 AM

I loved school dinners but even more I loved the puddings, spotted dick, jam roly poly, frog spawn and semolina, loved 'em all.

These days I make suet puddings in the microwave, just mix up all the ingredients into a pyrex bowl and three minutes later you can have the perfect pud for a winter's day.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:08 AM

If you are cooking for one you can also make these as Mug Cakes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-...ke-in-minutes/

Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:11 AM

Sheila makes B&B pudding when the family come for dinner, they all love it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:15 AM

Bread & Butter Pudding is absolutely delicious if made properly. The watery soggy excuse for a pudding you got in school is not representative as with so much other school fare.

It should have nice crispy top, the lovely tang of a tart marmalade and a rich uncious custard.

If you fancy having a day off "healthy eating" and can afford a few million extra calories then take a look at Gary Rhodes chocolate bread and butter pudding. Oh my that is a chocoholics dream !

Wife makes it with brioche rather than bread and with real chocolatiers chocolate (confiture ?) which is at least 70%+ cocoa. Very naught, but very nice.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:18 AM

Those memories of school. I`m still a fan of the Bedfordshire clanger. A suet roll with savory at one end and sweet at the other. Beware imitations from Hertfordshire-they get the ends wrong
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:21 AM

I still make these occasionally but they are tremendously calorific so have to be when the boys are home so they can snaffle most of them and save us from the calories
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:35 AM

OOO,I luv 'em,but I don't eat 'em... sugar's My enemy :~(

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top