Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:10 PM

Re: Campaign to make Upskirting illegal

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
We were a tough old school Azure, we had our own coroner.
As for naked men...we are awesome...well parts of me are
Big Show Off.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ladies have always liked to be ogled, by Prince Charming, not by Cosmo Smallpiece, picky beggars.

Very true spitfire.

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:11 PM

What were you doing in my bathroom?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

18-06-2018, 09:30 AM

Rehab.

I would not dare to enter.

Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 10:25 AM

Despite the fact that he should have had the sense to avoid blocking a Bill which seems on the face of it be a perfectly reasonable bill I have some sympathy with his reasons for doing it. Far to many times Bills are pushed through without proper scrutiny in response to pressure group demands, only to have unforeseen consequences later on. The Dangerous Dogs Act is one often quoted.

Bills should be given the proper scrutiny and consideration. Sir Christopher has written a letter to the Daily Telegraph giving his reasons and which I reproduce below:

SIR – Your front page (June 15) reported the announcement on Thursday by Lucy Frazer, the justice minister, that taking “upskirt” photographs was to be made a criminal offence to fill a gap in the law.
Was I alone in expecting the Government to bring forward a Government Bill in Government time to deliver that change in the law quickly, but with the opportunity for it also to be fully scrutinised in Parliament?
It now seems that the Government hoped to use the procedure for Private Members’ Bills to avoid a second reading debate and then use its newly claimed right to give the “upskirting” Bill priority over other Private Members’ Bills which have already been approved at second reading after full debate, but to which the Government has so far denied the opportunity for a committee stage. The Government should not be further undermining the principle of first come, first served for balloted Private Members’ Bills.
My recommendation to the Government is that, to ensure the fastest, fairest and surest passage to the statute book for a Bill to outlaw “upskirting”, which I wholeheartedly support, it introduces its own Bill without delay.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 10:49 AM

Thanks Rainmaker, it appears we are all too quick to accept 'Trial by Media' including the government.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Despite the fact that he should have had the sense to avoid blocking a Bill which seems on the face of it be a perfectly reasonable bill I have some sympathy with his reasons for doing it. Far to many times Bills are pushed through without proper scrutiny in response to pressure group demands, only to have unforeseen consequences later on. The Dangerous Dogs Act is one often quoted.

Bills should be given the proper scrutiny and consideration. Sir Christopher has written a letter to the Daily Telegraph giving his reasons and which I reproduce below:

SIR – Your front page (June 15) reported the announcement on Thursday by Lucy Frazer, the justice minister, that taking “upskirt” photographs was to be made a criminal offence to fill a gap in the law.
Was I alone in expecting the Government to bring forward a Government Bill in Government time to deliver that change in the law quickly, but with the opportunity for it also to be fully scrutinised in Parliament?
It now seems that the Government hoped to use the procedure for Private Members’ Bills to avoid a second reading debate and then use its newly claimed right to give the “upskirting” Bill priority over other Private Members’ Bills which have already been approved at second reading after full debate, but to which the Government has so far denied the opportunity for a committee stage. The Government should not be further undermining the principle of first come, first served for balloted Private Members’ Bills.
My recommendation to the Government is that, to ensure the fastest, fairest and surest passage to the statute book for a Bill to outlaw “upskirting”, which I wholeheartedly support, it introduces its own Bill without delay.

A lame excuse and after-thought for his despicable act.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->

Hi

Why then did he block a Bill on the same day designed to protect police dogs and horses?

Private Members are scrutinised by Parliamentary Legal Craftsmen.

The Bill was fully supported by the Government.

Chope has delighted in doing this for years, he is just trying to justify himself because of the outcry.

He himself placed 47 Private Members Bills in a single day, but seeks to deny others.

One Bill he talked out would have banned Hospital Car Parking fees for carers.

He is an offensive arrogant man with no regard for others.

He is also a money grabber.

In the Expenses scandal he Chope claimed £136,992 in parliamentary expenses in 2007-8. This included claiming £881 to repair a sofa.

He is simply backing off because he has been exposed for what he is.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
what nxt I ask ??
unzipping men ---- to see if it measures up right ---grrrrrrr
mostly done with mobile pic now - upskirting / total disgust'
should get jail term to teach em'''
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I can't believe it's not already illegal.

Let's face it .. there's a world of difference between a chap admiring a pair of legs sticking out of a skirt and a pervy chap wanting to photograph up it to admire her knickers or other tasty morsels he might catch a glimpse of.

It's not too far off snapping images of unsuspecting folk when they use a public loo.
I can’t believe it’s NOT already I’ll legal.

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
This comment by lawyer Nick Freeman, he thinks women put themselves in jeopardy and need to take responsibility for their attire. Rubbish.
Ridiculous!
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Agreed. Rubbish.
If any woman didn't mind her knickers been photographed she'd not bother wearing a skirt.

I imagine then she'd be in trouble for indecency.
yep!

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I don't know why some men bother to do this, as there are thousands of pictures of naked females on the Web, TV, and Newspapers.
Maybe because THEY want to be the ones to do it. I think it’s a power thing. They probably enjoy going places they know they shouldn’t be going yet can get away with it.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Because they are perves.

They use selfie sticks etc and up skirts of young girls are particularly in demand

Unfortunately it is not a criminal offence in England to do this at the present time.

Giving them a kicking when you find them doing it to a family member is however a Criminal Offence.

The man is a Prat, he should be Deselected immediately by his local Conservatives.
yep! Because they are pervs!

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ladies have always liked to be ogled, by Prince Charming, not by Cosmo Smallpiece, picky beggars.
Oh please. Seriously. How would YOU know?
In my imagination “Prince Charming” wouldn’t be a Prince Charming if he did chit like this.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:53 PM

And sadly I’ve only just discovered it isn’t illegal here either which I find ludicrous. If it weren’t for reading this thread I wouldn’t even know this.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/...udge-1.2224519

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top