Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 09:56 AM

Breaking News - Today

1) The DT tells us, today (Sunday 17th June) that the £350 Million will be recovered and used to help fund the NHS instead of the EU.

2) A new bill calling for a complete reform of the House of Lords is already winging it's way through Parliament!

at last - some sense!

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 09:59 AM

Re: Breaking News - Today

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
1) The DT tells us, today (Sunday 17th June) that the £350 Million will be recovered and used to help fund the NHS instead of the EU.

2) A new bill calling for a complete reform of the House of Lords is already winging it's way through Parliament!

at last - some sense!

Until neanderthal knuckle draggers like Chope scream "Object".
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:02 AM

All good news.

The Government has announced around £600million a week extra for the NHS.

Unfortunately for Remainers it means their contentions that Brexiteers led a false campaign is totally discredited.

Hpefully some of that money will go in to Mental Health services, especially for young people.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:06 AM

Hi

We never sent £350 Million a week to the EU.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
All good news.

The Government has announced around £600million a week extra for the NHS.

Unfortunately for Remainers it means their contentions that Brexiteers led a false campaign is totally discredited.

Hpefully some of that money will go in to Mental Health services, especially for young people.
I think the earth just moved, under my feet!

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

at last - some sense!

Hi

A previous proposal to reform the House of Lords was blocked.

One of the main people opposing it was JRM.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:10 AM

Any extra funding for the NHS is good news but we also have to make sure that the rest of the World doesn't continue using it for free.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:13 AM

Excellent point!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-06-2018, 10:53 AM

Hi

The Brexit Savings, so called, assume that we continue that the UK has completely free access to the Single Market and all existing Trade Deals that we have with other Countries as part of the EU.

We already know that this is not going to be the Case.

We are losing free access to Services, our biggest Export, our choice, our decision.

The big International Banks, Insurers and Asset Management Companies based here in the UK so as to get access to the EU are moving Trades abroad, costing us £Billions in lost Tax.

Even JRM is opening a branch in the EU.

There is a bill to be paid for leaving, it is not all profit.

I voted Leave, with a heavy heart, but did so none the less.

We simply did not have the Politicians with the guts to stand up to Juncker and Co and increasing Federalism.

My view was that it was always going to hurt, but worth it.

I feel a big told you so coming on when the reality hits.

Much of our Industry is Foreign owned, they will simply leave if Brexit costs them money, they have no loyalty to the UK at all.

We will just have to wait and see who is right.

I am a financial numpty, my two kids are not.

I trust them, greedy gits that they are, love them to bits, against May and Boris anytime.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Any extra funding for the NHS is good news but we also have to make sure that the rest of the World doesn't continue using it for free.
Good point,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top