Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 06:51 PM

Re: Police deliberately run over dog

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The dog could have caused a nasty accident if it had continued to run free. Human safety must always come before that of animals. I think the police did the right thing, apparently the owner of the dog also thinks so too.
I initially like many others, was appalled at this story but the officers( both dog lovers) had to make a decision in difficult circumstances, after exhausting all options , a car and HGV had already swerved to avoid the dog so the officers took that decision, imagine the outcry if a car or lorry crashed into say a bus full of school kids or pensioners,sometimes the police can't do right for doing wrong
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 06:58 PM

Poor frightened animal
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I initially like many others, was appalled at this story but the officers( both dog lovers) had to make a decision in difficult circumstances, after exhausting all options , a car and HGV had already swerved to avoid the dog so the officers took that decision, imagine the outcry if a car or lorry crashed into say a bus full of school kids or pensioners,sometimes the police can't do right for doing wrong
This is exactly how I see it, Primus. A tragic outcome but I feel they had no choice.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 07:55 PM

Not a good way to kill it but it was probably the lesser of two evils.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

North wales Police deliberately ran over a dog.

Social Media is full of criticism.

What do you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-35650395
I completely disagree with Peta.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 09:03 PM

That road is busy so maybe they thought it dangerous to road users.

I cannot really comment as I wasn't there, I'll await the IPCC's findings before I do so.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 10:05 PM

I think it´s very sad, the poor dog must have been terrified.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I agree with you, they had to make a difficult decision, the dog was a loose cannon and something had to be done.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 10:57 PM

Whilst this is an extremely sad incident we have to remember a quick decision was obviously needed at that time and lives were at risk. It would have been a most difficult act to carry out and then to live with the memory afterwards.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
'Nippy Jen' posted the article on our sister forum Dogsey and I can't bring myself to read it, the thought alone makes me want to retch

I despair at my species sometimes..
There must have been another way to deal with the incedent..

As a mod I think you should view all contents.

Interesting case from the USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2l1ujefRA

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top