Join for free
Page 206 of 255 « First < 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 > Last »
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 10:15 AM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Does anybody mind if I join in?

My weight has crept up in the last 8 years and as of February 1st I needed to lose a minimum of 16lb

I did briefly try the 5:2 but it played havoc with my IBS so I've reverted to good old calorie counting now. It's always worked in the past so fingers crossed.

I've upped my exercise as well, the majority of which comes from dog walking. Both me and my dog have had injuries recently which restricted how much walking we could do but we both seem fit enough now.

So, an hours brisk-ish walking, twice a day with a bit of wriggle room if it needs increasing or decreasing.

As of February 8th I had lost 3lb. It used to come off quicker than that but I am no longer as active as I used to be so it's going to take longer I suppose.

Watch this space!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I love fresh crab and cockles.

Today its a Roast dinner of:

Pork Belly Strips, R. Potatoes, Dark Greens, Carrots and Gravy.
I've heard that some people in the UK actually put cockles on pizza. And one time I was watching Supersize vs Superskinny and one of the super sizers gave his meal to the super skinny and it was pizza... with cockles on it. I wanted to toss my cookies right there
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Does anybody mind if I join in?

My weight has crept up in the last 8 years and as of February 1st I needed to lose a minimum of 16lb

I did briefly try the 5:2 but it played havoc with my IBS so I've reverted to good old calorie counting now. It's always worked in the past so fingers crossed.

I've upped my exercise as well, the majority of which comes from dog walking. Both me and my dog have had injuries recently which restricted how much walking we could do but we both seem fit enough now.

So, an hours brisk-ish walking, twice a day with a bit of wriggle room if it needs increasing or decreasing.

As of February 8th I had lost 3lb. It used to come off quicker than that but I am no longer as active as I used to be so it's going to take longer I suppose.

Watch this space!
Welcome, Nicol. And good luck. Post anytime you want. Sometimes we come in here just to jot down what we've been eating. I like having a look at what everyone is having for their meals because sometimes it gives me ideas.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:48 AM

Morning Ladies.

Welcome to our forum Nicol, you might give us some inspirations.

Today we are having:

Homemade Shepherd's Pie and vegetables.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:01 AM

Oh dear, it's no good looking at me for inspiration girls, my food is boring and rubbish

Yesterday, lunch was homemade veg soup and last nights dinner was a low calorie ready meal

As I said, very boring.

Todays lunch will be the soup again and tonight I might go mad and have a nice pork chop with a modest amount of mash spud and caulie and carrots

All visible fat removed from the chop and I will try to go easy on the spud, I ALWAYS make too much but then eat it anyway
Linda0818
USA

13-02-2018, 12:56 PM

Morning Ladies.

Welcome to our forum Nicol, you might give us some inspirations.

Today we are having:

Homemade Shepherd's Pie and vegetables.
I need to make a Shepherd's Pie one of these days soon.

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Oh dear, it's no good looking at me for inspiration girls, my food is boring and rubbish

Yesterday, lunch was homemade veg soup and last nights dinner was a low calorie ready meal

As I said, very boring.

Todays lunch will be the soup again and tonight I might go mad and have a nice pork chop with a modest amount of mash spud and caulie and carrots

All visible fat removed from the chop and I will try to go easy on the spud, I ALWAYS make too much but then eat it anyway
Ahhh, potatoes, a weakness of mine. Especially when they're mashed.

Speaking of cauliflower, I love mashed cauliflower too.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 03:09 PM

mmm Nicol if you are calorie counting then surely Mash Potato is quite fattening, the potatoes are full of starch and then you add butter, milk or cream to it.
Linda0818
USA

13-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Most all food is fattening if you eat too much of it. And everything in moderation

Potatoes are a perfectly healthful food. They've gotten a bad rap over the years, mostly from 'carb bashers'. Any food, really, can be incorporated into your diet, even if you're counting calories. Years ago when I lost 80 pounds (approx. 6 stone) I did it by counting calories and, for the most part, I ate as healthy as I could. But I didn't give up favorites, either, like fried chicken, pasta dishes and plenty of potatoes. I simply made sure that whatever I ate was included in my daily calorie allowance. Yes, I had to make a few sacrifices to go eat a meal in a restaurant or have a few pieces of pizza on a Friday night, but I lost all of that weight without giving up my favorite foods.

Now, when I was pregnant, I should have been keeping a watchful eye on the amount of carbohydrates/starches I ate because I had gestational diabetes. However, nobody (not even the nutritionist) said anything to me about watching carbs and that carbs can raise blood glucose levels. I was simply told to stay away from everything sugar.

But that was 18 years ago, so perhaps they didn't know as much then as they do now about carbs and blood sugar levels.
Nicol
South east of England

14-02-2018, 11:20 AM

mmm Nicol if you are calorie counting then surely Mash Potato is quite fattening, the potatoes are full of starch and then you add butter, milk or cream to it.
I think Linda said it all in her post up there ^^^^

If I know I'm having something a bit naughty I'm willing to go without something else to accommodate it. As long as the calories add up it's fine. I couldn't stick to a diet that doesn't allow spuddies

I don't eat pasta, well, maybe a little bit of spaghetti sometimes but that's rare as it messes up my IBS.

Today will be soup for brunch and jacket potato (no butter, no cheese) with a vegetable quarter pounder (just the veggie burger, no bun) and baked beans tonight.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:36 AM

A little of what you fancy doesn't harm , it's the huge mountain that will do it

I'm making lasagne tonight. Only two layers of pasta, semi skimmed milk for the béchamal which will be flavoured with bay leaf and nutmeg, and only Parmesan on the top instead of cheesey layers. The mince will be cut with red lentils so high protein , low fat, and will be cooked for a couple of hours in a very flavoursome sauce, lots of tomatoes, some anchovies , lots of oregano and garlic. Served with salad it will be a pretty low calorie meal yet will be very tasty and satisfying

Plenty of left overs as well so my packed lunches sorted for the rest of the week

Page 206 of 255 « First < 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top