Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 08:22 AM

Re: Annoying noises

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Tinnitus!
Yes tinnitus is very annoying, I have had for over 30 years and it has got worse in the last 15 years or so. I can hear it over the sound of traffic when I am driving.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 09:18 AM

I have just thought of another annoying noise.... the sound of people cracking their knuckles. I can’t bear it!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 09:26 AM

I hate the noise of people smacking their lips while they are eating... and after!
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 09:59 AM

I hate it when people have what should be a private conversations on mobile phones. Why not text if its that much of a hurry to inform someone. It's particularly annoying if you're on a bus or waiting room or something. There's no escape.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Small children screaming in a high pitched tone while I'm shopping in Tesco....It certainly loosens the wax.....
Awful isn't it.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 10:23 AM

The big 45 year old kid down the avenue who still thinks he's eighteen and likes to rev his motorcycle for hours on end......GRRRR
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 10:28 AM

I can tolerate classical music. which my husband likes, as long as it isn't too loud, anything else does my head in completely. All I hear is a discordant noise.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 03:33 PM

I used to live near a shipping yard.....I wasn't next door, but close enough that I could hear the back-up beeps on the trucks, they would go on all day. I had to move, I couldn't stand it.

When I was in school, I couldn't bear to hear the chalk on the blackboard....or if some smart aleck liked to scratch the board with their finger nails to hear us scream.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 03:35 PM

mine is the R A F ===bloody jets going over so low -one sounds like a hundred ---always up when its a lovely day sometimes the place shakes and the animals ............
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What are some annoying noises you have to live with?

I have a wood pecker that starts as soon as the light is on in the swamp. I live at the edge of a forest area and a park behind that, so we get a lot of bird noises here.

But the worst one is that damn wood pecker. He pecks on that tree first thing in the morning looking for his breakfast and he goes on for an hour or two.....it is so very annoying. If I had a gun, I MIGHT be tempted to shoot the little red head...

Another thing is the leaf blowers, I won't go into that. If you have leaf blowers there, you know what I am talking about. So loud, so annoying......

leaf blowers for me. and they go on for hours.
maily winter months so enjoying peace now.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top