Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:20 PM

Re: Indian restaurant etiquette

Risk averse, Shami on you..
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 11:32 PM

Well, one things sure, I will NEVER dip my poppadoms again!

The best idea is to spoon them directly onto the poppadoms or just not bother at all! I do love them though, apart from the lime pickle and not too keen on the diced onions either.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 07:38 AM

I think JBR is trying to put us all off.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I would not touch indian food let alone put it in my mouth, even if offered a million pounds. It smells horrible let alone tasting it
Oh I adore Indian food. Is it because you don't like spicy food that you wouldn't touch it? I love to make my own from scratch. Yummy.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:18 AM

Eating out anywhere is a risk. There can be no guarantees of what goes on in the kitchens and It's necessary to have a bit of faith in a restaurant's practices no matter what type of food is being served. Either that or not eat anything that others have prepared.

We and some friends have takeaway Indian or Chinese meals when we have an evening together. We have other friends who we meet up with occasionally for a meal in the local Indian Restaurant. None of us have ever had problems with the food. I'm fairly sure most of these places have good practices but as with any other sort of restaurant/takeaway, there might always be the exception.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I think JBR is trying to put us all off.
Yes. Enjoy your meal out and take note what other dippers do! .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 02:29 PM

Thanks CC, thankfully I don't dip.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 09:08 AM

Oh, the joys of communal food........yuck! I think eating poppadoms separately as a first course might be a western thing so there's probably no traditional correct etiquette.

The essential thing is to avoid your saliva and bits of broken poppadom ending up in the communal bowls and prevent double dipping, so I think spooning them onto the plate is more civlised.

Besides, how does dipping straight into the bowls work on a big table?

You'd have to keep stretching across in front of the other diners, then trail your dip dripping poppadom back to your plate.

At least with take-away you get your own little pots of dips, but that's not to say they weren't filled from the communal bowl in the restaurant!

(My husband is saying the correct way is to use the little spoons in the dip to spoon the dip directly on your poppadom, but I swear he just made that up)
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->

(My husband is saying the correct way is to use the little spoons in the dip to spoon the dip directly on your poppadom, but I swear he just made that up)
I think he's absolutely right Twizzle
And one breaks one's poppadom into smaller pieces not bite from a big piece and then spoon on to it again
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 11:51 AM

that noise. omg like eating pop corn at pictures. not for me.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top