Join for free
Page 131 of 190 « First < 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 09:32 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Thanks Floydy, Mags and Surfermom, it's been my pleasure to try and take you there with photos and sometimes dubious descriptions and explanations.

I doubt whether I'll ever get the opportunity to hike up Nevis Peak Surfermom, but I cling to the dream of one day to climb it's namesake at this side of the pond in Scotland.

Ben Nevis

Mountain in Scotland

Ben Nevis, in Scotland, is the highest mountain in the British Isles. Standing at 1,345 metres above sea level, it is at the western end of the Grampian Mountains in the Lochaber area of the Scottish Highlands, close to the town of Fort William. Wikipedia
Elevation: 1,345 m
Topo map: OS Landranger 41, Explorer 392
Mountain range: Grampian Mountains
First ascender: James Robertson
Did you know: It attracts an estimated 100,000 ascents a year, around three-quarters of which are made using the Pony Track from Glen Nevis on the south side of the mountain. wikipedia.org
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 01:41 PM

Well, Foxy I have now caught up on this lovely thread.
I am thrilled to read that your beautiful daughter is getting engaged.
Fantastic pics, I almost feel I have been on this trip with you
Keep them coming as I do love this thread
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well, Foxy I have now caught up on this lovely thread.
I am thrilled to read that your beautiful daughter is getting engaged.
Fantastic pics, I almost feel I have been on this trip with you
Keep them coming as I do love this thread
Thanks Sweetie Pie, it's been a pleasure writing for you, unfortunately there's not much happening in Foxy's life at the moment, but as soon as something interesting happens I'll be back on the keyboard.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Sweetie Pie, it's been a pleasure writing for you, unfortunately there's not much happening in Foxy's life at the moment, but as soon as something interesting happens I'll be back on the keyboard.....
I will look forward to it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-04-2018, 10:03 PM

I'm about a week into dismantling the Kitchen in preparation for the new one which will be installed in just one month....I decided it would be safer to remove the old one myself....
This is what it looked like before I started work....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-04-2018, 07:44 PM

Foxy it looks fine.
Why are you changing it????
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-04-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Foxy it looks fine.
Why are you changing it????
It's over twenty five years old Sweetie and if you could see it close up it is looking a bit frayed round the edges....If the new one lasts another twenty five years we will both be 93......And I don't think kitchens will be high on our list of priorities...

Another hard day today visiting the council tip with as much as I could pack in the car. The boxes of ceramic wall tiles were so heavy I had to enlist the help of Mrs Fox to help me lift them....She's such a big strong Yorkshire Lass....

This is how it looked at end of day yesterday, kettle and cooker still work though.....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-04-2018, 10:45 PM

I must say, you cannot cope without a kettle Foxy.
Do be careful with Mrs Foxy, she is still a lady after all.
Look forward to seeing the progress.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-05-2018, 09:44 AM

I left Mrs Fox on Friday, and as I drove down the motorway, not knowing where I was going or for how long, I felt a piece of my Heart had been ripped out, but I badly needed some space to think 'where do I go from here?'

So many things had led up to the final barney and it's hard to put my finger on any single important thing that had driven me to this. Question was, could I survive after forty six years of marriage without my right arm?......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-05-2018, 09:46 PM

I don't know why but I was drawn to Hull, and as I passed the city centre the Premier Inn loomed into view. So with just the clothes I stood up in and a debit card I checked in for three nights. I was viewed with some suspicion while booking a double room and carrying no luggage.

I had two hours to kill before I could access room 819 almost at the very top of the building. I spent the time wisely, purchasing some necessities of life, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair wash, shower gel, sponge, comb and McVities chocolate homewheat biscuits....Strangely, I didn't feel hungry but the biscuits would fill a gap later should I need them.

I couldn't believe my luck as I opened the door to the room and was faced with an outstanding view of the mighty river Humber lazily rolling past. It felt so good to be alone at last and I spent the rest of the day and night laid in bed watching TV.

Page 131 of 190 « First < 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top