Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 07:38 AM

Pet insurance

Can anyone recommend a good pet insurance for a dog?
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 09:05 AM

Re: Pet insurance

I hope somebody can help you.

I looked again recently for one for our latest addition, Mungo - the lowest available was $208 (£123) a month which was just for the basics.
Most were over $350 for 'unexpected vet bills'.
But that's for big dogs. It's a lot cheaper for the wee 'uns.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 09:34 AM

I’ve only Just taken out my policy, as you know, with Brought by Many, so time will have to tell how they are. There was no way I would continue with the KC, as the premiums per month were double.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I hope somebody can help you.

I looked again recently for one for our latest addition, Mungo - the lowest available was $208 (£123) a month which was just for the basics.
Most were over $350 for 'unexpected vet bills'.
But that's for big dogs. It's a lot cheaper for the wee 'uns.

My dog is Mungo too!
Gosh those are expensive I was looking at Sainsbury's at £12.50pm
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 09:58 AM

beware of what the terms and conditions are. Some don't allow repeat illness claims in the same year of policy. Some may have conditions attached for older dogs.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My dog is Mungo too!
Oh, how I wish!!
From my side of the world, I say go for it!
I'm sure though somebody will be along to give you a better comparison.

In the meantime, my Mungo says howdy to your Mungo!

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

07-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Hello Mungo from Mungo

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5205.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	4867  
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada

07-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Aww. He's a handsome fella.
Something's really got his attention!
I think our Mungo's would be great buddies.
Wanna a playdate!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My dog is Mungo too!
Muddy I was with Sainsbury's when I had my old Labrador. Sure, they start of at that low rate, but it rises very rapidly each year. By the time she died I was paying well over £100 per month. I made very few claims in that time and most vet bills came in under the excess I was due to pay, so making claiming not worth the effort.

I have not insured my little rescue dog and in the four years that I have had her, apart from having her teeth cleaned, she has not needed veterinary treatment. So saving me a great deal of money. I obviously realise that should a problem arise then it will have to come out of my pocket.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 10:50 AM

Both Mungos are beautiful. We don't take out pet insurance these days, we haven't done so for years. The reason being, when we did have pet insurance it never covered what it was needed for, always there was some "clause" or "reason" why they wouldn't pay. Fortunately we rarely needed it and decided not to bother, we were paying out money for absolutely nothing. For years now we have just put money aside each month, no particular amount, when it's needed we use it. e.g this month ChoCho needs her heart worm vaccination, tablets are cheaper but have to be given each week (or month, I can't remember), but she has the vaccination which lasts all year and costs around E40, might be less, again I can't remember what we paid last year. The operation on her eye a few weeks ago cost E125, the "doggy fund" paid for that too.

It's purely personal choice of course for any insurance, but we felt we had been ripped off long enough. It's a minefield with any insurance I think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top