Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 01:21 AM

Re: Let's hear it for the place you were born...

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Tpin, your parents had great careers. You must be very proud of them.
Possibly....if they'd been any good at it.

My dad's last goal was an own goal and one of my mum's clients got hung and one black guy got 6 months for riding his bike without lights............my mum reckoned he'd have got 2 years had he ridden it at night.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We aim to please!
I enjoy you JBR

Hope I didn't miss anyone here, but if I did, please forgive me and bring it to my attention. Such interesting posts. I enjoyed reading everyone one of them....you Brits are such interesting people.
If I had my life to live over, I would move to the UK....but it is too late for me, I had my chance.
Hey, maybe if there is an "afterlife" I can put in for a transfer. What do you think JBR?
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:05 AM

Born Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
Couldn't afford to live there.
Wouldn't want to have a holiday there. (OK for a day trip.)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:18 AM

I enjoy you JBR

Hope I didn't miss anyone here, but if I did, please forgive me and bring it to my attention. Such interesting posts. I enjoyed reading everyone one of them....you Brits are such interesting people.
If I had my life to live over, I would move to the UK....but it is too late for me, I had my chance.
Hey, maybe if there is an "afterlife" I can put in for a transfer. What do you think JBR?
I wouldn't move to Londonistan.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:55 AM

Born in West London, nearly as far west as you can get before it turns into Uxbridge. I lived there until I was 17 then moved to another town close by, Hayes, which used to be in the now non existent county of Middlesex.

From there I moved to Reading in Berkshire for 18 months and then to where I am now, about 20 miles from Reading.

When I first moved here (27 years ago) it was semi rural but in recent years it's been "developed" (sigh) and is now urban

One of the last remaining green spaces locally has just had planning permission granted so 100 new houses going up 100 yards away from me

I have thought about moving, my Dad was a 50/50 mix of Scottish and Romany and I have a real hankering for Scotland, but not one of the cities, it would have to be rural.

However, advancing years, possible mobility issues and being on my own have stopped me, which is a shame.

Maybe in another life.......

E.T.A. There is no way I would move back to where I was born!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:26 PM

I enjoy you JBR

If I had my life to live over Blueberry I think I would like to move back to Canada. We emigrated in the eighties and I have an abiding fondness for your beautiful country. We went to Calgary and we could see the Rockies from our kitchen windows -almost like we could reach out and touch them, even though they were about 70 miles away. Such a new and fresh country. I envy you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 05:32 PM

Lancashire - where the great are born
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Me too Muddy, me too
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh dear! Never mind.

Whereabouts in Lancashire?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 08:30 PM

I was born in Hackney, London a Cockney Girl.
We lived in a Town House which my Parents were just renting.
Busy Street life, loads of markets.
My Mum met my Dad in a Factory called Simpson's, my Dad was a Tailor my Mum a Machinist.
My Nan and Grandad lived downstairs to us and they used to have Knees up parties as my Nan played the Piano.
I was very ill from the day I was born until I was 5 years old and did not start School until I was 6 years old.
We were quite poor but we had a good upbringing, we even managed to go on holidays.
I lived there with my Mum until I was 26 years old then got married and moved out to Woodford in Essex, we were there for 20 years then moved to where we are now a bit more rural, but we are hoping to move again to Norfolk.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top