Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 09:19 PM

Please stop me throwing my laptop out of the window.

Hi, advice please. Does anyone know how to stop me losing everything that I have typed in the reply box to a post?

I would be forever grateful if someone could provide an answer.

My problem is that I can be typing a long post or be called away for a few minutes. I come back to my laptop, finish my reply, submit it - and then up comes the message that I need to sign in again. Aarrgghh!. once I do this, I have then lost my reply message to somewhere in cyberspace, never to be seen again!!

Does anyone know how I can retrieve what I typed in the reply box when this happens Why can't we have a SAVE button please so we can save what we have typed?

There is probably a simple explanation from you techno savvy people, but for thicko's like me, I need to learn it parrot fashion when it comes to things like this.

Thanks for any reply or solution to this really annoying problem for me.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 09:23 PM

Re: Please stop me throwing my laptop out of the window.

I assume you have a mouse plugged into your computer?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 09:25 PM

Sorry to hear of your predicament Shropshire Girl, it has happened to me in the past and is so frustrating.....So now if I have a long post to write, I write it in 'Word' and copy and paste it on to the forum. In this way you can leave it mid chapter and return later to finish it.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 09:27 PM

A save button would be a great idea.
Failing that, I noticed on another thread that Old Grey Fox types some of his posts on a blank page using MS Word and copy-pastes it to the forum.
I've always done this as well, especially for long posts like with my exercise write-ups. That way you can ensure they are as you typed them.
One note though - you will need to bold or italic the type you need after you enter it onto the forum as it doesn't copy like that. Then simply add images, smileys etc.
Read it through and if you're happy you can post it. You still have time to double check by editing as well if you need to.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi, advice please. Does anyone know how to stop me losing everything that I have typed in the reply box to a post?

I would be forever grateful if someone could provide an answer.

My problem is that I can be typing a long post or be called away for a few minutes. I come back to my laptop, finish my reply, submit it - and then up comes the message that I need to sign in again. Aarrgghh!. once I do this, I have then lost my reply message to somewhere in cyberspace, never to be seen again!!

Does anyone know how I can retrieve what I typed in the reply box when this happens Why can't we have a SAVE button please so we can save what we have typed?

There is probably a simple explanation from you techno savvy people, but for thicko's like me, I need to learn it parrot fashion when it comes to things like this.

Thanks for any reply or solution to this really annoying problem for me.
If you get interrupted, during a long reply, Highlight the words you've done and right click "Copy"

Everything is then available, when you come back, and you click "paste" to put it back if it's not there anymore.

This doesn't work if you log off!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 09:38 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I admit to using word if it is a really long reply (one of my long saga's that you need to have a cuppa to stop you falling asleep) but sometimes, without thinking, (senior moment) I reply in the reply box. If I am called away I then have to go through the process of doing it in reverse and pasting to word so I don't lose what I have typed.

Tedc, thanks. I will try that next time. I really do wish we had a simple Save facility though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I admit to using word if it is a really long reply (one of my long saga's that you need to have a cuppa to stop you falling asleep) but sometimes, without thinking, (senior moment) I reply in the reply box. If I am called away I then have to go through the process of doing it in reverse and pasting to word so I don't lose what I have typed.

Tedc, thanks. I will try that next time. I really do wish we had a simple Save facility though.
You are a very interesting and informative poster ShropshireGirl and I never fall asleep while reading you excellent posts.....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Only joking.....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

20-02-2018, 10:42 PM

Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 01:27 AM

Shropshiregirl,

Make sure your touchpad is not active, should you have a mouse plugged into your laptop.

The two do not mix and the touchpad should be disabled in the computer's Control Panel.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:59 AM

You could use Note Pad

If half threw your message you have to stop then just save it and come back later its still on your comp you can finish and copy it to a forum

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top