Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:59 AM

Re: Please stop me throwing my laptop out of the window.

When you are in the message before you leave the computer press:

Ctrl "a" (hold down Ctrl and tap the "A" key)

followed by

Ctrl "c" (hold down Ctrl and tap the "C" key)

Then all you need to do to recover your message if it is lost is start a new message and press:

Ctrl "v" (hold down Ctrl and tap the "V" key)

Easy Peasy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:56 AM

Hi SG I think if you are composing a long post that you may wish to leave and return to it is a good idea to write it elsewhere like a word package or in a draught email to yourself then cut and paste it on here.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 07:26 PM

Thanks for all your advice everyone. Looks like it will be word, cut and paste for long messages and the reply box whilst actually sitting at my laptop. Love your reply Bruce but honestly, for someone who can't even remember half the time what she went through to the next room for, I would never remember your valued advice. but thank you very much all the same.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 08:54 PM

I would just throw it out of the window.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 08:58 PM

I don't have a problem with it logging out, I suppose my posts are never that long anyway. What does frustrate me though is when I am typing away, I look up from my keyboard and for some reason my cursor has jumped to a different part of the text, mixing it all up.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi, advice please. Does anyone know how to stop me losing everything that I have typed in the reply box to a post?.
As Bruce previously said, this is purely a case of copying the text BEFORE you try to post it.

This needs to become almost a reflex action so you need to be disciplined. Lots of forums have the same issue, they will log you off after a certain amount of time. So long posts are always a risk.

Copy all the text by using CTRL-C every time you make a long post then you can recover It with CTRL-V if necessary.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 04:58 PM

Thanks for your advice. I will try that crtl C and crtl V.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry to hear of your predicament Shropshire Girl, it has happened to me in the past and is so frustrating.....So now if I have a long post to write, I write it in 'Word' and copy and paste it on to the forum. In this way you can leave it mid-chapter and return later to finish it.....
I am 100% with you Bobby, type it in WORD & then copy & paste it into straight into the box.

In fact I type all my stuff into word & save it regularly.

However this brings me to MY DOWNFALL (past tense).

I SAVE everything, press the SAVE button & it all disappears, I know not where, but wryly console myself that it will turn up a long time in the future when I am busy doing something else.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
I am 100% with you Bobby, type it in WORD & then copy & paste it into straight into the box.

In fact I type all my stuff into word & save it regularly.

However this brings me to MY DOWNFALL (past tense).

I SAVE everything, press the SAVE button & it all disappears, I know not where, but wryly console myself that it will turn up a long time in the future when I am busy doing something else.
Hahaha....That's happened to me a few times Robert, If you forget to check where it's going, it just gets filed away who knows where...

While visiting some long unused folder I've found stuff that was lost years ago...
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hahaha....That's happened to me a few times Robert, If you forget to check where it's going, it just gets filed away who knows where...

While visiting some long unused folder I've found stuff that was lost years ago...
THANKS for that , iit's not just me

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top