Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 11:52 AM

Re: Dog Hotel

Try dog buddy .
People will take dogs into their own homes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
I have never put my Boxers into kennels, I just couldn't bear the thought of it, they are part of the family, a very important part.

Lots of folk will say I'm stupid, I can live with that. I couldn't live with causing them distress.
You won't get an argument from me, much fairer on them to take them with us, really regret getting talked into boarding them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Boarding pets is costly to say the least which is one reason why we never do it. Unfortunately because we never do it, we have ultra spoiled dogs who aren’t used to be cared for by strangers.

I’ve been to a few dog shows and can’t say I like them too much either.

Hey Mups, are they purebred Bedington Terriers you have?
I like their natural shaggy look you have them in.

Hi Bratti, yes there are all pure bred Beddies, but their coats still vary quite a lot.
The youngest little brownish colour one - Gertie, her coat is like soft baby hair and not very thick at all, but the oldies one's is so dense, it is like very thick cotton wool. The others are all somewhere in between.

I don't like the 'show trims' with the shaved tails etc, hence my lot's rather neglected look.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Only boarded ours twice first time Benny came back thin as a rake because Lucy had eaten his food, we did say they had to be fed separately. Second time both were hacking and coughing with kennel cough.

Vet fees cost more than boarding that time.

Then we got a chihuahua and my goodness try and find someone to care for her, we just started taking them with us. Made more sense anyway as I used to worry all the time about them anyway.
Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
I have never put my Boxers into kennels, I just couldn't bear the thought of it, they are part of the family, a very important part.

Lots of folk will say I'm stupid, I can live with that. I couldn't live with causing them distress.
Yep! Im with you guys. Not only is it far too much money but I don’t trust anyone to care for my girls like I do and just couldn’t do that to them. They might think they were abandoned.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Bratti, yes there are all pure bred Beddies, but their coats still vary quite a lot.
The youngest little brownish colour one - Gertie, her coat is like soft baby hair and not very thick at all, but the oldies one's is so dense, it is like very thick cotton wool. The others are all somewhere in between.

I don't like the 'show trims' with the shaved tails etc, hence my lot's rather neglected look.
Hi Mups, those are sure gorgeous dogs you have and I don’t blame you for not keeping them in their breeders cut. It isn’t very attractive and they probably like it better the way you have them.
At the moment we have small lap dogs but they aren’t groomed in their breeders cuts. They would pick up so many burrs and be so tangled, not that they aren’t now but they have so much fun.
I really like dog lovers
They are a breed of their own.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Try dog buddy .
People will take dogs into their own homes.
Thank you Muddy. It’s a good suggestion.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top