Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:28 PM

screen night mode question solved

Talking about with windows 10. I didn't realise until just now that windows10 has a night monitor screen auto change over from day time setting. It was driving me nuts having to reset the monitor each time I thought it was possibly a graphics card fault.

Why on earth did microsoft add such a stupid setting? among others in the program , totally unnecessary
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:33 PM

Re: screen night mode question solved

I have a night screen on OS and I like it

My keyboard has a dim back light as well so I can type easily without needing a light

All in all a lot easier on the eyes and supposedly makes sleep easier
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:05 AM

Same on IPad
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:15 AM

Yes, I have it on my iPad also, it’s perfect for night reading and so restful to the eyes.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:16 AM

Reduce Computer Eye Strain With Windows 10 Night Light

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/reduce-...0-night-light/

One of the many new features introduced in the Windows 10 Creators Update is Night Light, a system-wide feature that changes the color temperature of your display to reduce eye strain in the evening hours. Windows 10 Night Light is similar to the Night Shift feature found in macOS and iOS, and to third-party applications like f.lux. It’s based on research which suggests that the cool, blue light common to most computer displays can cause eye strain and interfere with your natural sleeping patterns.

Night Light, and its equivalents from other platforms, addresses this issue by shifting the color temperature of your display towards the warmer, redder end of the spectrum. The feature can be turned on manually as needed, or configured to automatically turn on gradually as the day goes on. In theory, this should reduce eye strain and minimize the negative effects that long hours in front of a computer can have on your sleep.
I've just tried it on W10 (it's "OFF" by default) and I found, as the article goes on to say,:

Night Light obviously makes changes, often drastic, to your displays color temperature, and that can really mess with any work or entertainment that relies on color accuracy. Therefore, Night Light is fine for casually browsing the web, checking emails, or working on documents and spreadsheets, but you’ll probably want to turn it off when editing photos and videos, playing certain games, or catching up on your Netflix queue.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top