Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 06:25 PM

Re: Christopher Eccleston in Come Home

Thought he was fantastic in this drama.
Thought she was too, and the kids.

In fact all in all I thought it was a first class drama.

All the better for being condensed into 3 installments.

And in the end there were no winners, both losers, no black and white, just shades of grey, they were both at fault big time, both flawed and weak...
The lawyers earned their big fat fees by discrediting each of them as much as possible, by painting each one as a deeply flawed and unfit parent.

I suppose that's exactly what really happens?

But in the end there they were with softened faces talking together and working it out together, and (we were lead to believe) both putting aside their betrayals and deceit and unhappiness and looking ahead.

Ten out of ten in my opinion.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 06:41 PM

Re: Christopher Eccleston in Come Home

I thought it was good too! An example of real life, but made more exciting because they showed it in a way that encouraged us to think of many other outcomes..... so I was surprised by the ending.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top