Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 10:38 PM

Has Anyone Made Cinnamon Rolls With Ready-Made Pizza Dough?

The other day, l was in Asda and they were selling off their own brand ready rolled Pizza Dough for 20p! So, l bought two!

I rarely eat pizza’s but thought the dough would be good to keep in the freezer.
When l got home, l read the packaging and it didn’t mention that it was suitable for home freezing, so l decided to look on the internet for suggestions of what l could use it for.

I found recipes for Cinnamon Rolls and made some! They were slightly hard but quite delicious!

I had spread softened butter on the whole length of the ready rolled dough, then sprinkled 2oz of granulated sugar mixed with two teaspoons of ground cinnamon over it. I then rolled the dough like a Swiss roll and cut it into approx 2 inch slices and placed them on a well butter greased baking tray.

I cooked them in a very hot oven 200C until golden brown for approx 20 mins.

While they were cooking, l mixed some icing sugar with a little water and a teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
When they came out, l spread some of the mixture on each of them.
Under each roll was a delicious crunchy type toffee where the butter, cinnamon and sugar had escaped from the rolls ...delish!

This is just a rough recipe but there were various recipes on the Internet.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 10:46 PM

Re: Has Anyone Made Cinnamon Rolls With Ready-Made Pizza Dough?

That sounds delicious !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That sounds delicious !
ST, They were and so simple to make. It’s that lovely crunchy toffeish bit underneath that is so delicious too!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 11:55 PM

Ooo I would love some right now, Art.
Nope, never made 'em meself and I wouldn't even know where to start.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-03-2018, 10:07 AM

They taste better than they look! The ones l made previously looked better!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F562FA7E-B6E7-4C35-A6BF-1DF5818D00D4.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	5551  
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:58 AM

"Has Anyone Made Cinnamon Rolls With Ready-Made Pizza Dough?"

Errrr nope ! But I would never use ready made dough. You only need flour, water, yeast and salt to make a great dough of your own with minimal effort so why buy ready made stuff that will also have preservatives and other unnecessary crap in it?

I made these cinnamon rolls with Spelt flour, a much healthier and more nutritious flour than the usual plain/self raising white flour. In fact it was from spelt grains which I sprouted first before grinding into flour so even more healthy.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-03-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
"Has Anyone Made Cinnamon Rolls With Ready-Made Pizza Dough?"

Errrr nope ! But I would never use ready made dough. You only need flour, water, yeast and salt to make a great dough of your own with minimal effort so why buy ready made stuff that will also have preservatives and other unnecessary crap in it?

I made these cinnamon rolls with Spelt flour, a much healthier and more nutritious flour than the usual plain/self raising white flour. In fact it was from spelt grains which I sprouted first before grinding into flour so even more healthy.

Yes, Realist, l totally agree that it’s best to make your own, instead of using bought dough containing additives!
As l explained, the pizza dough was only 20p per pack and this was one of the suggestions for its use.

I have, in the past made Cinnamon Rolls using the ingredients you mentioned, they were lovely but they took hours to make!!

I have used spelt flour to make bread but l think you saw the disastrous result l posted!!
It tasted nice though!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 07:26 PM

I used to like those frozen Jus-roll cinnamon swirls. Stick it in the oven - Done!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 08:19 PM

Art, I am going to try this. I wonder how it would be with caramels added in.....don't answer that, I already know, decadent and delish.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-03-2018, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Art, I am going to try this. I wonder how it would be with caramels added in.....don't answer that, I already know, decadent and delish.
Adanac, I’m not sure if you would need caramels but don’t let me stop you!

The reason, l say that is because the butter, sugar and cinnamon that leaks out of the rolls, forms something that is similar to the toffee coating on a toffee apple!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top